Live TV channel grouping

gtali7878

gtali7878

Hi is there any way to filter out certain groups on my iptv playlist, like if there are channels from certain countries can i remove those? Thanks in advance

kanipek
2 hours ago, gtali7878 said:

Hi is there any way to filter out certain groups on my iptv playlist

Natively within Emby no. But it can be done rather easily with Notepad++ or a tool similar to that.

gtali7878

Is there any tutorial that you give me a link to that will tell me how to do it? Thanks in advance

I think it would just be a matter of editing the m3u to remove what you don't want, no?

gtali7878

I previously asked a question about how to sort my iptv channels by groups and or add or remove groups or channels, the expert who responded told me that although it wasnt directly provided on emby there was a way to do it, but he never sent me a lnk or guide on how to sort bouquets, could you please help me? Thanks!

roaku

I think it would be a good idea to go to the post you're talking about and ask the user who responded there to respond there again with the information you're looking for.

Hi, this is fully supported in Emby. They're called Tags. You can use the metadata editor to add tags to channels, and then you can filter on tags in the live tv guide.

seanbuff

<Merged topics>

Please @gtali7878 let's avoid having the same discussions across many different topics. Thanks.

• Like 1

gtali7878
58 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, this is fully supported in Emby. They're called Tags. You can use the metadata editor to add tags to channels, and then you can filter on tags in the live tv guide.

Thank you so much sir really appreciate it

• Thanks 1

seanbuff

In case your follow up question is "can I tag channels in bulk?" - the short answer is not currently natively with Emby, but you can use Vic's bulk tagging tool to achieve this in the meantime:

gtali7878
On 3/7/2023 at 11:38 PM, Luke said:

Hi could I was wondering, do you by any chance have a guide that you can send me?

1 minute ago, gtali7878 said:

Hi could I was wondering, do you by any chance have a guide that you can send me?

Hi, looks like we don't have this documented yet, but it's pretty easy. Go to a channel, click the 3-dot menu, then add tags. Once you start doing that, you'll see a Tags section under Live TV. and you can then also use the filter in the guide.

kanipek
On 3/3/2023 at 8:53 PM, gtali7878 said:

Is there any tutorial that you give me a link to that will tell me how to do it?

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I don't have a link to a tutorial.  

You can download Notepad++ here: Notepad++ 

Notepad++ is a simple editor.  If you open your M3U in Notepad++ you may find the groups already sorted and you can the highlight the groups you don't want and delete them in bulk.

Save it as a new M3U file and use that as your source for an M3U tuner. If you would like me to do it for you and trust me with your info feel free to PM the file and I will send it back to you. If not I completely understand. It is a very simple process to do just ensure you make a copy of the M3U and use that copy to make the changes.