SMB/UNC as library sources

JustSittingHere

JustSittingHere

Good evening,

I have the latest Emby installed 4.7.8 and the latest DSM 7.1.1.  I'm not having any luck using SMB as the folder in Add Library.  "\\<computer name>\share" doesn't work, "\\<ip>\share" doesn't work nor does scrolling down the list of directories using the NETWORK choice.  That choice brings up a list with computer names, i.e. "smb:<computer name>", but clicking one doesn't return a list shares.

However, creating a Synology Remote Mount does work.  I have a share called REMOTE MOUNTS with the remote mounts created under that.

Am I missing a setting somewhere to enable Emby to accept normal UNC paths when adding a library?

Thank you.

Jim

However, creating a Synology Remote Mount does work.  I have a share called REMOTE MOUNTS with the remote mounts created under that.

HI, this is what I would suggest rather than importing the smb share directly into Emby Server. Mount it to a local path on your Synology, then import that local path into Emby Server. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

JustSittingHere

Thank you Luke, that does work.  \volume1\shared folder\remote mount

Is there a problem with Emby using smb shares on Synology?

Jim

3 minutes ago, JustSittingHere said:

Thank you Luke, that does work.  \volume1\shared folder\remote mount

Is there a problem with Emby using smb shares on Synology?

Jim

The direct SMB support for linux in Emby Server is limited to SMB1 and has no way for you to configure credentials if you need to, so those are the two primary reasons. The upcoming 4.8 server release at least updates support for newer SMB protocol versions, and time permitting, hopefully we'll be able to support credentials as well.