Request for some mass edit / filtering items for LiveTV

Aleas

I have been severely enjoying Emby, absolutely love it.  But there are a few admin parts of Live TV that are causing me some grief.

- Inside Admin -> Live TV -> Channels:  It would be super useful if we could select a tag as well as multi-select channels to disable.  Basically, some filtering options would be nice with the options to multi-select.

- Inside Live TV -> Tags:  I really need the ability to select in bulk and replace the images.  Currently, it's pulling content from each station within the tag where metadata is missing and my provider doesn't like that so much.

I've noticed that if I pull up tags and scroll to a section without any of that image metadata the system will refuse new connections unless I close out that browser tab.  (kinda a way to DDoS yourself.)

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Edited by Aleas

Hi there, yes more improvements to channel management such as this are planned for future updates. Thanks !

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
cnewman402

Second this. Any ETA? No pressure just wondering in case I have to do this again in the future. I too am enjoying Emby. I switched to it many years ago from plex. Ended up on jellyfin. Now I am back to Emby. I sure am excited on the development since the return, and want to note it is literally the only solution that meets my needs with Live TV. I now have no need for 3 software I can just use one. No need for xteve, jellyfin and tivimate anymore. Its all in Emby! :)

That being said it would be cool if, and a really big please if, you guys could code in a step though guide for Tags so each tag had its own guide without going into the top portion of the guide and filtering. IE, look for example at TiviMate. I dont want to use TiviMate. I want to use Emby with a TiViMate like subset of guides.

Anyways, subscribed and happy as heck so far. If this stays solid for me I can actually call it home for good.

HI, we're getting there. More improvements to channel management will be coming. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
Silentalero

Figured its been a while, any update to this? Its rough having the channel list IPTV's offer and no way to filter down a usable channel list without going through them one by one.

9 hours ago, Silentalero said:

Figured its been a while, any update to this? Its rough having the channel list IPTV's offer and no way to filter down a usable channel list without going through them one by one.

Hi, not yet but stay tuned.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Chillout

What about a toggle/option to add tuners with channels disabled?  Its easier to enable only the channels you want vs disabling all the ones you don't.

Not ideal, but might be a quick win for a workaround until something better is released.

I think for m3u an option to only import channels with certain tags would be handy.

• Agree 1