Volume Control of 5.1

rdagitz

I've noticed that volume control for any 5.1 audio does not work. The volume buttons on my phone will not adjust anything in any way. Other audio formats work just fine. Is anyone else running into this issue?

I've noticed that volume control for any 5.1 audio does not work. The volume buttons on my phone will not adjust anything in any way. Other audio formats work just fine. Is anyone else running into this issue?

Yes I am watching directly on the mobile device. The volume buttons have no effect on videos that have a 5.1 audio track. When I'm on my wife's Android phone that is running Android version 11 the volume buttons work but on my son's Android 12 phone and my Android 13 phone they do not work. It seems to function just fine unless the audio track is 5.1.

51 minutes ago, rdagitz said:

Yes I am watching directly on the mobile device. The volume buttons have no effect on videos that have a 5.1 audio track. When I'm on my wife's Android phone that is running Android version 11 the volume buttons work but on my son's Android 12 phone and my Android 13 phone they do not work. It seems to function just fine unless the audio track is 5.1.

So you're saying you don't see the system volume meter appear and reflect the change?

rdagitz

I actually do see the system volume meter appear but any change in the meter has no effect on the volume of the video that's playing.

OK in my testing I can't reproduce this but we'll try to chase it down. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Another note on this, the same issue happens with the Plex app when playing anything with 5.1 audio. Not using headphones. Volume slider goes up and down but makes no changes to the playback audio.

On 3/21/2023 at 11:25 PM, nooj said:

Another note on this, the same issue happens with the Plex app when playing anything with 5.1 audio. Not using headphones. Volume slider goes up and down but makes no changes to the playback audio.

That's interesting. Thanks for the follow-up.

• 4 weeks later...
xch1136867709
On 3/30/2023 at 4:08 AM, Luke said:

That's interesting. Thanks for the follow-up.

I have the same problem, on Android 13,latest Emby app. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/21/2023 at 10:10 AM, xch1136867709 said:

I have the same problem, on Android 13,latest Emby app. 

Thanks for the update. We are investigating.

• 2 weeks later...
xch1136867709
On 4/25/2023 at 12:41 AM, Luke said:

Thanks for the update. We are investigating.

Hello, I found that the app was updated recently, but this 5.1 audio issue is still not resolved. I would like to go into a little more detail. My phone is oneplus 8 and the system version is TQ1A.230205.002

PixelExperience_Plus_instantnoodle-13.0-20230226-0929-OFFICIAL, emby version is 3.2.92.

As long as I am watching a video with 5.1 audio, the sound is always maxed out, then adjusting the sound through the volume keys is to see the system volume slider move normally, but the sound of the video doesn't change, it is always maxed out. Hope this will give you more useful information to solve this problem as soon as possible.

I haven’t been able to reproduce yet but we are trying to chase this down. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Having same issues. Android 13 running on OnePlus 7 pro (Project elixir Rom) ill try to send video and pictures of this issue tomorrow 

rdagitz

Adding a little more information: I have found that any surround sound version of audio (5.1, 7.1) causes the same issue. I also noticed that another user here has a OnePlus phone. Both my phone and my son's phone are OnePlus9. Could those who have responded to this forum please include your phone model?