Can't Scroll on Mac Desktop

dannymichel

dannymichel

I can't scroll down on mac os emby client using my trackpad because it gets 'caught' trying to scroll left and right when im trying to scroll up and down

dannymichel
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Hi, how does the web app compare?

Web app is fine scrolling. perfect

i'd like to use the mac desktop app though

dannymichel
Just now, Luke said:

What is the display mode option set to in display settings?

It was auto then i tried 'desktop' and same issue

dannymichel
47 minutes ago, Luke said:

OK we're looking into it. Thanks.

Thank you for looking into it

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
Guest EmbyEbookReader

Scrolling is still a problem, multiple reports about this showstopper bug.  Both here in this forum, and within Apple App Store reviews.

It has not been addressed and nobody is "looking into it".

Scrolling Vertically using Mouse Scroll Wheel Does Not Work on Mac OS Native Emby Client.

Edited by EmbyEbookReader

52 minutes ago, EmbyEbookReader said:

Scrolling is still a problem, multiple reports about this showstopper bug.  Both here in this forum, and within Apple App Store reviews.

It has not been addressed and nobody is "looking into it".

Scrolling Vertically using Mouse Scroll Wheel Does Not Work on Mac OS Native Emby Client.

Hi, we'll take another look at it. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
Guest EmbyEbookReader
On 7/8/2023 at 11:16 PM, Luke said:

Hi, we'll take another look at it. Thanks.

You Lie, Liar.

Edited by EmbyEbookReader

• 1 month later...
DurMonAtor

Hi @Lukesorry to pull up a really old thread on the matter, but the scrolling is still an issue, the actual MacOS app appears to be the iOS app in a Mac compatible wrapper, any reason why there isn't a Mac version of Emby Theatre?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2023 at 4:54 PM, DurMonAtor said:

Hi @Lukesorry to pull up a really old thread on the matter, but the scrolling is still an issue, the actual MacOS app appears to be the iOS app in a Mac compatible wrapper, any reason why there isn't a Mac version of Emby Theatre?

Hi, they are the same thing. If you're referring to the TV style presentation, then try enabling TV display mode in the app's display setting. This optimizes the display for 10ft usage with a remote control.

• 4 weeks later...
Mnejing

Been trying to use the Emby app on macOS as well. Using 14.2 right now. 

Cannot scroll at all in the actual app. Whatever widget handles the sideways scrolling of the "Latest" sections and "Continue Watching" hijack any mouse scroll events and make the app kinda useless. You have to manually go to the right and drag the bar up and down, which I thought was a problem that we solved a couple of decades ago with, you know, scroll wheels. It's less precise, it's annoying, and the bar itself is so tiny that it can be hard to even find to move it.

I don't want to use the browser app for the same reasons as others, and more to the point, I don't want to watch stuff in my browser. Especially considering I use FireFox and have 0 interest in transcoding all of my x265 content. 

It feels like none of the devs have even really used the macOS app. 

Edited by Mnejing
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
vivianekomati

Hi - same issue here with the scrolling for the Emby app on mac - any updates on this?

• 1 month later...
jdwissler

Hello -- is there any update on this? Will it be fixed soon? Is there a workaround? I use emby on the mac daily.

• 3 weeks later...
jdwissler

Hello, 

I noticed on the server that it think my mac is an iPad. Is it possible that has something to do with it? It almost seems like it thinks it is a touch interface...
image.png.b0b247bcbc81759d1c77c7ee55f64120.png

On 3/8/2024 at 3:42 PM, jdwissler said:

Hello, 

I noticed on the server that it think my mac is an iPad. Is it possible that has something to do with it? It almost seems like it thinks it is a touch interface...
image.png.b0b247bcbc81759d1c77c7ee55f64120.png

Hi, no that's not related. Thanks.