Videos wont play on IOS Devices (Browsers)

Dalpuri

Hello
We have an Emby server hosted for a few people. There are no issues with Android users and in general app users. But IOS users trying to view content from browser like edge safari can't watch any videos. They get a black screen and play and the pause button. But nothing plays. What should we do?

mastrmind11
1 hour ago, Dalpuri said:

Hello
We have an Emby server hosted for a few people. There are no issues with Android users and in general app users. But IOS users trying to view content from browser like edge safari can't watch any videos. They get a black screen and play and the pause button. But nothing plays. What should we do?

Supply the logs from when a safari user tries to use the server.

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can you try the hosted web app? Thanks.

Same result just never starts.  Looks like is starts PAUSED, clicking play will start along with RW/FF play.

image.png.6ce8854feee6428fb08676c61c49f93b.png

image.thumb.png.e94ec1119ddbb9fbd113c1cdf5c020d9.png

from new log but same appear in attached log.

Line 348: 2023-02-26 18:32:04.133 Debug SessionManager: OnPlaybackProgress Unpause 4982d2bc170c4971ac4cd4ffdb4191e2
	Line 387: 2023-02-26 18:32:04.698 Debug SessionManager: OnPlaybackProgress Pause 4982d2bc170c4971ac4cd4ffdb4191e2

Happy2Play
6 hours ago, Luke said:

So clicking that second play button resolves it?

Yes click play on the OSD resolve it for me.

So one of the devices is playing this file and here are the logs and screenshots. They tried to press the play button again as suggested by the previous replies but nothing seems to be working. Log is almost 320mb ;-; so compressed it

image.png.191d71e49f55a9015b0862f0876043c9.png

embyserver.rar

9 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Yes click play on the OSD resolve it for me.

This is a requirement on Apple devices due to them not allowing autoplay. So yes, you have to click play twice unfortunately.

6 hours ago, Dalpuri said:

I even tried playing it from Admin panel still it didnt play 

Hi, try our hosted web app at http://app.emby.media

What I notice in the current 4.7.11 release is that the loading circle is obstructing the play button in the middle of the video player and making it hard to tap on. This is resolved in our hosted web app. As a workaround, if you rotate your device into landscape orientation then you'll be able to tap it.

• 8 months later...

Same thing happens to me. If Apple doesn't allow playback before a click that's fine, but then Emby shouldn't show the loading circle: it should just show the play button until it's clicked, what's not the case, the play button goes away and the circle keeps "loading", what's confusing.

On 11/21/2023 at 6:36 PM, AlanQ said:

Same thing happens to me. If Apple doesn't allow playback before a click that's fine, but then Emby shouldn't show the loading circle: it should just show the play button until it's clicked, what's not the case, the play button goes away and the circle keeps "loading", what's confusing.

Hi, it's not that simple, but yes I'm sure there are improvements that we can make.

One thing I do notice is that on iOS 17, video is just starting now in safari. The double click doesn't seem to be needed there.