does kodi voice search also work w/ emby addon content?

Bingie

I know this is more of a kodi question, but it does apply to both emby addons, so I figured I'd ask here.

From what I've read, there are two choices for using voice search with kodi: amazon alexa, and google voice assistant.  I don't trust either company, and don't want them permanently recording every word spoken in my house, indexed and sold to advertisers, corporations and especially governments, but since this is the only option so far, it is what it is.

Having said that, has anyone here tested kodi voice search?  Does it work with the content made available from both the emby addons?

I definitely want to try all of these out, if they can be made to work.  My mom, bless her heart, struggled when we switched from cable to roku style media center.  If I can add voice search, it would make her life a lot easier.  Then again, she'll probably just sit there and continuously talk to the tv, like it's her new best friend :P

Thanks

quickmic
17 hours ago, Bingie said:

I know this is more of a kodi question, but it does apply to both emby addons, so I figured I'd ask here.

From what I've read, there are two choices for using voice search with kodi: amazon alexa, and google voice assistant.  I don't trust either company, and don't want them permanently recording every word spoken in my house, indexed and sold to advertisers, corporations and especially governments, but since this is the only option so far, it is what it is.

Having said that, has anyone here tested kodi voice search?  Does it work with the content made available from both the emby addons?

I definitely want to try all of these out, if they can be made to work.  My mom, bless her heart, struggled when we switched from cable to roku style media center.  If I can add voice search, it would make her life a lot easier.  Then again, she'll probably just sit there and continuously talk to the tv, like it's her new best friend :P

Thanks

Never tried it, but theoretically it should work with (at least) synced content (next gen).

I ordered an RF remote, should come today/tonight, so tomorrow, planning on trying it.  It should work, but probably more effort than it's worth.

Should be an interesting exercise though.