Problems streaming music on phone

Bigmack3000

Bigmack3000

Hey, I don't know if these are directly related to bluetooth, or simple limitation in the technology that can't be corrected.  

1) If I'm streaming music on my phone with wi-fi and i go out of range and switch to 5G, emby stops working.  I have to restart the app multiple times, turn bluetooth off and on, and wait a moment before emby then is able to reconnect over 5G.  This also, happens with the reverse of moving from 5G to wifi.

Is this a problem with my setup somewhere?  Is it just not possible to keep a constant connection when switching networks? 

It's become where if I'm going to stream music in my car, I just wait until I'm a mile from my home and steadily on 5G before turning emby on.  

2) If I close out of emby on my phone (even fully shut down the app), it can apparently get stuck repeating the same some over and over again even though my phone is not in use:

ScreenShot2023-02-24at2_32_53PM.thumb.png.491ebcc90918f1edb47f7a1f2995a88b.png

Any suggestions for this?

• 2 weeks later...
Bigmack3000

Logs attached for both issues.

started playing "Pixies - Wave of Mutilation" over bluetooth while still in my driveway. Then as I drove away, and my phone switched from wifi to 5g, it stopped playing and couldn't reconnect without restarting the device. 

Next, when turning my car off after coming back home, You'll see it kept trying to play the last song over and over even though i was out of my car, bluetooth was off, and the app was closed.

embyserver.txt

OK Yes this is about recovering from network switches during playback, and this is something we're working on improving. Thanks.

• Like 1