FR: Refresh on marking played

doonze

Since I was asked, I'll drop a feature request. Currently when you mark an episode played, or a season played, you have to completely back out of the show and go back in to see the updated info. Aka, see the unwatched count change. 

I realize this is likely because the info is only pulled from the DB on entry of the series, not when dropping back the the main series screen.

Without looking at source code, I'm not sure how the Roku app handles refreshing the show screen, nor why it doesn't trigger a refresh on back navigation. I'd suspect it's for speed and managing DB activity. And once again, without looking at the code, this may be handled on the server end and this may not be an app request. I use Roku 99.99% of the time with Emby, so I can't remember if this behavior is across apps. Something in my brain is nagging me that I see the same behavior on theater as well, as when doing lots of updates I use it to sync shows watched status. (Just tested on Android app and played status on seasons is instantly reflected)

It's this a huge thing? No. But it would be something I'd like to see. For example, I'd been watching One Piece on Netflix, but they dropped the show February 11th, so I downloaded the show to finish watching. But I downloaded the entire show. I had already watched the first 10 or so seasons. Marking them watched in Roku is a pain, because it doesn't reflect the changes, I lose track of where I am.

Same thing happens when marking watched inside seasons. When you  back out the count doesn't update. 

Just a thought of an improvement.

Edited by doonze
  • Agree 2

frankmb

Related to this, immediately after watching an episode, the episode I just watched is not marked as watched in the "More from season X" row. I usually use this row to get to the next episode but it is confusing since the Episode I just finished is not shown as watched.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, frankmb said:

Related to this, immediately after watching an episode, the episode I just watched is not marked as watched in the "More from season X" row. I usually use this row to get to the next episode but it is confusing since the Episode I just finished is not shown as watched.

We'll look into that as well. Thanks.

skidmarks

And i just thought it was my server causing this issue...  

Thanks for reporting, figured it was a me bug!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
frankmb

My issue with the episode not being marked as watched in the "More from season X" row right after playing it is fixed.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1