Emby Crashing

itgreen9

itgreen9

I have rebooted my Roku, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, as well as rebooted the Emby server. Nothing as resolved this. Emby is crashing every time I click on my main folder (the very first one) in the player to access my movies and tv shows. All the others seem to be working fine. Can someone help?

rookslide

I'm having the exact same problem. I tried to stream a movie that the Roku Ultra (2nd Generation) couldn't handle and now the Roku won't open my Movies library folder. Still gets to my other folders just not movies.

Hi.  I'm assuming this is somehow related to the update that just went out but can you please confirm the version number of the Roku app?  It is shown in the app settings page.

So for both of you it is entering a "Movie" library that is having the issue?  Or is it a "Mixed Content" or other type?

rookslide

For me it is a Mixed Content folder. I only have one user for logging in but after going through all the same steps as itgreen did I then lost the app on all my Roku devices and had to re-download it.  I thought this might help but it compounded the problem for me as before removing the app and reinstalling it I was still able to get to the folder fine on the other Roku devices but after removing and then downloading the app again it stopped working on all the devices.

Right now I am adding the same folder as a new library and I think this will solve the problem but I have several thousand titles so it will be a while before the folders will populate. At least the app isn't crashing now when I try to enter that library. It just may take a bit before I know for sure it is working correctly again.

I'll post here if it does appear to be working correctly.

And yes to your question I do have Version 4.0 build 78 as well.

rookslide

I may have spoken too soon. Just tried to open the new library folder and Emby Crashed on the Roku... So maybe something may be wrong with the update... idk

Does the mixed library contain just plain home videos in it?

If you go to the web app and bring up that library, is there a tab at the top labeled "Videos"?

rookslide

No. My folder has several subfolders as I create my own genre's and have them separated in different folders. There are movies and television series in the subfolders.

The thing is before I recreated the library one of the other main folders was for television shows which was a subfolder under the library folder and it was showing just fine but of course now Emby is reconstructing the library which hasn't yet gotten to the television folder so I don't know if it will be able to see it again or not as yet.

On the web browser (PC) there is no "videos" tab there is a movies but I have it set to Folders view which is my preference.

Happy2Play

Not seeing any issues on my Ultra 4640x. 2 TV libraries, 3 Movie libraries, 1 Mixed content library and 1 Music library.

Probably need specifics to library setup and maybe logs.

19 minutes ago, rookslide said:

before I recreated the library one of the other main folders was for television shows which was a subfolder under the library folder

Hi.  You are saying you have two libraries pointing to the same place?  If so, that isn't supported and can cause some weird behavior.

rookslide

Ok so still in the same boat. So I tried something. I made a new library with just one of the folders in it and while the app doesn't crash it also won't populate and show me the contents. I forced the scan media library and it completed fine but no movies are showing up. I did this using "Mixed Content" Nothing....

So I thought ok I'll try it again but this time I selected Movies as the type. Now It does populate fine however I have to change the setting to folder view every time I go into the library. It auto changes to suggestions. If I select Movies it displays 0 contents. If I move it to folder view then I can see everything fine but I'm having a hard time finding a setting to default this view. Whats more now I will have to set up library folders for each of my folders individually which I was use to before the last change that ruined my folder icon view stretching everything out horrible or shrinking it down far too much. 

Honestly, I think something got really screwed up in the update... I've always used mixed content to get everything to display correctly and now I can't. You guys keep making changes to the software and it keeps defeating my customization over and over. This is the second or third time you guys made one simple change to aid in a more streamlined experience across the board but these changes keep ruining the experience I want not to mention the functionality...

I'm old, I'm tired, there is quite enough change going on in the world please quit changing my home media experience. Please let me have this one thing left alone. Sorry for the bitchy-ness of this post but I'm having to spend my day off trouble shooting the problems caused by changes I didn't make to software I have used for more than 13 years... It is frustrating. 

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, rookslide said:

Ok so still in the same boat. So I tried something. I made a new library with just one of the folders in it and while the app doesn't crash it also won't populate and show me the contents. I forced the scan media library and it completed fine but no movies are showing up. I did this using "Mixed Content" Nothing....

So I thought ok I'll try it again but this time I selected Movies as the type. Now It does populate fine however I have to change the setting to folder view every time I go into the library. It auto changes to suggestions. If I select Movies it displays 0 contents. If I move it to folder view then I can see everything fine but I'm having a hard time finding a setting to default this view. Whats more now I will have to set up library folders for each of my folders individually which I was use to before the last change that ruined my folder icon view stretching everything out horrible or shrinking it down far too much. 

Honestly, I think something got really screwed up in the update... I've always used mixed content to get everything to display correctly and now I can't. You guys keep making changes to the software and it keeps defeating my customization over and over. This is the second or third time you guys made one simple change to aid in a more streamlined experience across the board but these changes keep ruining the experience I want not to mention the functionality...

I'm old, I'm tired, there is quite enough change going on in the world please quit changing my home media experience. Please let me have this one thing left alone. Sorry for the bitchy-ness of this post but I'm having to spend my day off trouble shooting the problems caused by changes I didn't make to software I have used for more than 13 years... It is frustrating. 

Can you go over your configured libraries as it really sounds like you have misconfigured library folder setup.

But multiple libraries with subfolder paths that exist in other libraries has never been supported even if by chance one got it to work.

rookslide

Yeah sure. I have ~28 genre's separated as folders. They are all under the library folder. This includes my recorded television, audio media, and of course all the actual movies (action, documentary, drama, suspence, sci-fi, etc) These are arranged on a linux server that I litterally didn't have to touch other than security updates for nearly three years. It is very stable.

I have found the setting in the Roku emby app for selecting the default view for the folders however I notice the bar at the top of the screen which one must be on in order to access the setting is no longer available in the, drum roll......... "Mixed Content" libraries. It is available in the "Movies" libraries. So this again leads me to believe somehow functionality was lost with the update. The bar at the top of the screen use to be there yesterday and now is gone.

I do know my setup is a little cumbersome to others but it is much easier for me to maintain as my wife and I are older and I believe it is a ubiquitous statement that happy wife=happy life. In this case, that equates to Keeping it simple which means few if any changes if at all possible. Tech is not her strong suit.

rookslide

My reason for the "mixed content" was so that my folder images would present correctly but that became obsolete a while back when the graphic placeholders became quite rigid in how they treated graphics. So I guess this is just another situation where I get to redo my whole set up and adjust to the EMBY Dev POV.

Now is there any way to change the order of libraries on the main screen or do I have to create each one of them in a specific order that I prefer at the time of making the libraries?

itgreen9

Sorry for the delayed responses. I have a lot going on here... I thought you guys did something on your end. Not sure what happened, it just started working.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Aladinfamily said:

Mine it doesn't show ant movies or anything crashes instantly

Hi.  Can you please explain exactly what you are doing and what is happening and also give us details about your server and app environment?

Thanks.