Shuffle Favourite TV shows episodes

Rostimus

Cheesegeezer
7 hours ago, Rostimus said:

There should be a way to shuffle all the TV shows in favourite. 

you should be able to... let me show you the workflow

first click TV Show Library... 

image.thumb.png.ea2352d5a654cc559f55d4efe130f3ba.png

Then move to the episodes Tab at the top

image.thumb.png.7f78a6c723cfd8237e891aef17cab5e8.png

Click on the Filter 

image.png.13711ec9555abea00ec9d0e785d512cf.png

And Tick Favourite and back out of the context menu

image.png.15ede13cce8726ec4846070097607c89.png

All your favourited TV shows will be displayed (i actually only have one here - it's my Dev Laptop)  and then click "Shuffle" ..... Boom

image.thumb.png.ebb3502196a92b7e75baebc776fabd0f.png

Cheesegeezer

An easier Method tho is to do this

Click Favourites Tab

image.thumb.png.0ffae7b389505c4acf2009e77bf63ed0.png

FOR SHUFFLING TV SERIES - Ensure you select and click Favourite Shows

image.thumb.png.637fb2c9cf1a5703c4f0eead0aad6cd2.png

Then hit Shuffle... Boom!!!

image.thumb.png.9db7e809396ebf46954a70665f8b1bdf.png

FOR SHUFFLING EPSIODES - Ensure you select and click Favourite Episodes

image.thumb.png.97bd6bec6df375adf5cd34af5e765297.png

Then hit shuffle.... Boom!!!

image.png.6e9951eecdc86f497c83d489eac06b5c.png

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 1

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Ensure you select and click Favourite Episodes

Clicking any header in Home Screen Favourites will lead to same options, so TV shows can also be shuffled in the same manner (and Movies and Albums and Songs etc...)

• Agree 1

Rostimus

These are some great suggestions. I think I need to clarify what I was asking for.

I've seen that I can pick a TV show and shuffle episodes within that series or have shuffle pick from a list of tv shows to play episodes from one.

But what I'm asking about is have the TV shows I've selected in Favourite shuffle all their combined episodes so it jumps around between the selected series shuffling between episodes and seasons. Randomizing the playlist with different episodes from different season from different TV series I've marked as "favourite".

If there is a way to do that with Emby as it is, I haven't found it. Otherwise, I'm head over heels for this program.

GrimReaper

I think you should take a look at SmartPlaylists plugin as that'd give you way more freedom with creating playlists and items contained within:

Alternatively, VirtualTV plugin is next-level and it might suit your needs even better, as the criteria is practically endless:

Rostimus

I'll take a look. I want this shuffle feature to be folded into the exist shuffle feature

I'm not too interested in plugins that work on some computers but not others or not on my phone. I don't want to go through the hassle of making playlists or selecting individual episodes as favourites. I want to pick a bunch of long running tv shows (with 8 seasons or more of episodes) and have the shuffle jump around in-between all of them.

I want that from my phone, Nvidia Shield and computer.

Hopefully Emby sees this and starts working on it.

GrimReaper
11 minutes ago, Rostimus said:

I'm not too interested in plugins that work on some computers but not others or not on my phone.

Plugins are largely platform-independent, for the above two in particular, haven't encountered issues on any client I've been using. Your mileage may, of course, vary. 

13 minutes ago, Rostimus said:

Hopefully Emby sees this and starts working on it.

That surely depends on how much traction your FR will get, ease of implementation and order of priority. It might get implemented soon, or it might never get implemented. For the time being, plugins are your only option.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, yes as you can see from the screenshots above, there are lots of ways to do this already. In fact I'll give you another, which is using the Random sort option.