No subtitles iOS offline or option for external download or media play

dbomv

When I download movies on my iPad in the app for offline playback, there's no CC option for subtitles. But when I play it in app online from my main library and not my downloads it works fine. On my Android tablet I don't have this issue it works offline in app fine, and I can also download externally to my download folders and use VLC media player on my android and it works but again no option for either in app on my ipad. In the iOS app I don't see any option for external downloading or external media players. Why are there no subtitles in the iOS emby app when I'm offline using a downloaded movie? So far I have only got subtitles to work in emby on my iPad with movies in the main library with an internet connection. 

IMG_20230223_040623.jpg

IMG_20230223_040626.jpg

IMG_20230223_040644.png

IMG_20230223_040646.jpg

IMG_20230223_040654.png

I also noticed on Android it shows subtitles option and which version of the video. I select downloaded version and still have subtitles available. But switch over to the iPad and no subtitles still.

Screenshot_20230223-042852.png

IMG_20230223_043106.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Blazejos

Hi @LukeI have similar question: how to add subtitles to already downloaded offline movies?

I have Emby server 4.8.1.0 with Premiere package running on Synology DS916+ and iOS app on iPad 2.2.17; movies downloaded w/o subtitles remain w/o even after those are added on the server. How to update offline movies with subs?

Btw, I'd like to give big kudos for mastering offline: I have tried it several versions back and it was very unreliable. Tried it now again and it is working really well, I can sync collections now! Kudos! It would be even better if downloads progress would be updated a bit more frequently. 

Thanks, Blazej

I have similar question: how to add subtitles to already downloaded offline movies?

Ah good question. Currently there is no way, so you'd have to delete the whole download and redownload. So there's room for improvement there. Thanks !

• Like 1