Unable to automatically play the next video after screen lock

bbbbb

When the mobile phone locks the screen and plays the video, the video cannot automatically play the next video. I have tested it many times, but it cannot automatically play. Only when the mobile phone lights up can the next video be played automatically. I hope you can solve this problem. Thank you.

My mobile phone has opened the relevant automatic playback settings.

The error diagram is as follows:

Screenshot_20230222-172522_Emby.thumb.jpg.48b5d90137b4e34132af3467a9506168.jpg
My mobile terminal settings are as follows:

Screenshot_20230222-155324_Emby.thumb.jpg.c849988dc20f7af8d2f05f3699331be7.jpg
log

1 hour ago, Luke said:

HI, what do you mean by the phone locks the screen? This shouldn't happen during video playback.

It's that the phone turns off the screen, the video plays automatically in the background, just like listening to music, turn off the screen, do you understand what I mean, and one more thing, I made a post in the Testing Area-> Android bug, can you help me delete it.

Edited by bbbbb

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
sw1313

I have the same problem. I tested several versions of the client from 3.0.28 to 3.2.95 on servers 4.7.11 and 4.8.21 using all my Android devices (Android9-Android13, MIUI11-MIUI14). This includes the inability to control next or previous episodes in music notifications and automatic playback of the next episode not working properly.

This issue only occurs when the client is running in the background because it does not occur when playing in foreground or using my phone's screen-off listening function (application exists in foreground). Emby has been locked for background use, given auto-startup and almost all permissions, and power-saving strategies have been disabled.

When this problem occurs, the Emby client process still exists in the background; if I enter the application promptly at this time, it will switch normally to the next episode; if I do not light up my screen after encountering a problem, music notifications will disappear after a few minutes.

By coincidence, PLEX clients also experience this issue but Jellyfin clients do not.

sw1313

I tried to flash Pixelexperience13 on my spare phone and used root permission to delete files and revert back to the latest version (4.7.8) from Synology Store, but the error still persists.

On 4/23/2023 at 8:17 PM, sw1313 said:

I tried to flash Pixelexperience13 on my spare phone and used root permission to delete files and revert back to the latest version (4.7.8) from Synology Store, but the error still persists.

Hi, yes the version of the server will not matter with this particular issue. Thanks.