Roku playing the same audio track regardless of which is selected

Grimmer

pwhodges
5 hours ago, damien_c2 said:

Im not sure it what you need: I have one file in AAC (English and French) on mp4 and even if we select French the roku keep playing english. 

This behaviour may depend on flags in the file; providing the log for the time of playing may give the information to help resolve this.

Paul

5 hours ago, pwhodges said:

This behaviour may depend on flags in the file; providing the log for the time of playing may give the information to help resolve this.

Paul

Correct.  In an mp4 I believe the Roku is always going to play an audio track that is marked as "default".  Can you please check the flags in the file?

Thanks.

roaku

I don't think Rokus can handle dts in mp4s because the container doesn't officially support it and misbehave because of it.

I was experiencing this weird behavior and switched to mkv after having the issue explained to me here. I'll try to dig up the thread.

Edit:

Here's the thread from my encounter with the issue with Roku, DTS, and MP4:

Edited by roaku

Grimmer

I was looking into that as well...
Got this from the Roku website:

image.thumb.png.aa50a14c362c95239d69d174575ec4a4.png

I changed the container to MKV and the audio selections are working from the Roku.

However, the stats for nerds is not updating.  I even turned the stats off and back on again but they were still out of sync.  Despite the stats for nerds stating English, the audio was Spanish.

image.thumb.png.e6943e71e1a46aba2ad195abbecfbca2.png

It seems the problem has been uncovered and not difficult to fix with a little ffmpeg action...

ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -map 0 -map -d -c:v copy -c:a copy output.mkv

-map 0     instructs to do all streams (otherwise it will only copy the default audio track)

-map -d     instructs to skip the data stream that any .mp4 with chapter markers will have (otherwise it will error)

-c:v copy     instructs to copy the video without transcoding

-c:a copy     instructs to copy the audio without transcoding

18 hours ago, Grimmer said:

However, the stats for nerds is not updating.

Hi.  How long did you wait?

@ebrIt is possible during Direct Play that the stats may be incorrect. On GH #1503 and #1513 explain it better.