Have to log into remote server every time

nate5532

nate5532

I have the latest appletv and 2 servers (1 local, one external to my home).

When connecting to my local server, I dont have to enter in my username and password. It works great!  When I connect to the external server, it requires me to login. Unfortunately, I do need to switch back and forth, and the family isn't doing well with the password stuff.

I have confirmed with the external server owner and there is no reason on their end that would require me to enter a password each time. 

I have both of these servers added to non appletv devices and it does NOT require a password when connecting to the external server (Roku, android tv, LG webOS). 

I also I am logged into Emby connect  

Any ideas on things I could try?  Or other information I can provide?  

Edited by GrimReaper
Append Title

9 hours ago, nate5532 said:

When I connect to the external server, it requires me to login. Unfortunately, I do need to switch back and forth, and the family isn't doing well with the password stuff.

I have confirmed with the external server owner and there is no reason on their end that would require me to enter a password each time. 

I think it is the default behaviour that you always need to login with a password when connecting to a remote server

nate5532

Thanks for taking a peek at this.

I’ve got probably a dozen or more smart tvs (Rokus, android tvs, etc) hooked up to both servers and can 100% confirm that logging in to the external server is not necessary on those devices.  

This is just with the apple tv. 

GrimReaper

Not using AppleTV, Roku or LG - but AndroidTV app has a Login behavior selection as to 'Login as Selected User' or 'Remember Last User' (as well as 'Logoff Timeout'), meaning logging-in is still happening, it's just done automatically. Equivalent should be ticked 'Remember me' option in any of the ET variations.  

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo

3 hours ago, nate5532 said:

Thanks for taking a peek at this.

I’ve got probably a dozen or more smart tvs (Rokus, android tvs, etc) hooked up to both servers and can 100% confirm that logging in to the external server is not necessary on those devices.  

This is just with the apple tv. 

Is that the case even when you switch users, then come back to a remote user?  Does it not ask for the password again?