Tried to record Live TV and it broke show up into 4 segments.

Base2125

Base2125

Tried to record CBS Mornings from over the air antenna and it broke it up into 4 segments.  It appears the emby server is restarting after many errors and then it starts recording again. Both Server and Client running on an NVIDIA Shield Pro with an USB Hard Disk.  The 8TB hard disk has 7.8TB free. Live TV recording is set to/storage/26FE0A26FE09EEBD/NVIDIA_SHIELD/TV Shows. 

Programs of shorter length often do not record the end.  One would think it must be running out of HD space as they start recording fine but then error off but there is plenty of HD space available

embyserver-63812478015.txt embyserver-63812480087.txt embyserver-63812475926.txt hardware_detection-63812480099.txt

Hi, the server is not restarting but it does look like something is shutting it down. It's hard to say why though. Can you try disabling the automatic port mapper in server network settings, then restart the server and see if it happens again?

Base2125

I disabled automatic port mapper as instructed and will let you know if this improves.  I picked the Morning Show to record because it was long and I didn't use the device for anything during the recording.  I don't know if it has ever recorded the ending of an hour+ long show.  After a shutdown pause it does start recording again on its own.  I don't think it has anything to do with power fluctuations as we have reliable power and the shutdowns are consistent, not random like a power fluctuation

I originally thought something must be running out of storage space on the unit itself but I have monitored it and everything appears to be going to the USB hard drive.  I had another hard disk available so I did install it in the second USB port last night and moved the cache and transcode folders over to it.  Play back did seem to be snappier with the addition of the second hard drive.  I will test it today with some longer recordings while I am at work and let you know how it goes.

The unit is attached via ethernet cable (not wifi) and uses a HD HomeRun Connect 4K SiliconDust 4 Tuner.

THANKS!!!

Base2125

Did a test again this morning.  It looks like it did record 30 minutes of "This Old House" at 6:30am but still split the longer "CBS Morning" recording that started at 7am up into 4 segments.  The segments lengths are approximately 32 min, 39 min, 26 min, and 7 minutes.  I did re-verify that the automatic port mapper was still disabled.  I attached three of the logs from this morning.

embyserver-63812564614.txt embyserver-63812566604.txt embyserver-63812561848.txt

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Are you still having an issue with this? Have you updated to Emby Server 4.7.13?

Base2125

I am still having the same issue.  I was running an older version and just upgraded to Emby Server 4.7.13 this morning. I will let you know after I have tried it a few times if there is improvement - THANKS!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
clucky

Yes, people are still having an issue. Recordings are being broken into separate videos. Tried everything in this thread.

clucky

Not able to reproduce it. I intentionally tried to break it again by entering the live broadcast it's recording, and also playing the already on-going recording. If I encounter it again I'll collect the logs.

• Thanks 1