Apple TV says "Invalid username or password" it's not

RanmaCanada

RanmaCanada

I have a user who is unable to sign in on their Apple TV as it prompts them for a pin, and then the pin page says "Invalid username or password.  Do you need to register?"  

Problem is, their account works perfectly fine on their iphone and ipad and their Roku.  They have tried force closing the Emby app on their Apple TV, they have restarted the Apple TV, and still the error persists.  They are connected to my server via Emby Connect, and I have their information correct on my server.  This error has only happened recently, and as they are not computer savy, I am posting on their behalf.  Is something broken with the good old CrApple TV app?

Do I need them to come to the forum and update their information?

Thanks  

23 hours ago, RanmaCanada said:

The account name is DoctorJ2019

And on the pin sign in screen, did you enter the username or the email address?

@RanmaCanada In your Emby server admin dashboard. Open the "Devices" tab which shows all the devices ever connected to your server. You can delete all the "Apple TV" devices that show there. Don't worry as they will be recreated the next time the user connects. These store their auth token. Perhaps something doesn't match anymore? I know on Roku when people have this same issue clearing the devices fixes it.

• 4 weeks later...
RanmaCanada
On 16/03/2023 at 21:45, Luke said:

@RanmaCanada has this helped?

No.  I have had the user come here to "create a new account" as it appears theirs had been purged.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, RanmaCanada said:

No.  I have had the user come here to "create a new account" as it appears theirs had been purged.

Don't see any issues with "DoctorJ2019" unless it is in a required password reset.  But @Abobaderwould have to comment on that.

seanbuff
4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

unless it is in a required password reset

that's likely what is was, i had a number of users who "ignored" the recent email and didn't realise that their account needed its password reset

22 minutes ago, RanmaCanada said:

Nope, the account is fine and it created on 2019.

17 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Don't see any issues with "DoctorJ2019" unless it is in a required password reset.

No need for password reset for that date.

On 2/20/2023 at 5:33 AM, RanmaCanada said:

have a user who is unable to sign in on their Apple TV as it prompts them for a pin, and then the pin page says "Invalid username or password.  Do you need to register?"  

Problem is, their account works perfectly fine on their iphone and ipad and their Roku.

Then it not account problem, it OS/Device problem.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
RanmaCanada

@luke they have been too busy with work and children to do anything sadly.  I will update when they eventually get back to.

I'm sorry it's taking so long.

• 3 weeks later...