Philips TVs playback problems

Eigeplackter
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Eigeplackter

Hi,

having a strange problem with a friend of mine, using my emby remotely.

He owns 2 Philips PUS8505/12 (58&75") on both running the actual stable emby app.

1TV is connected via Powerlan, the other is wired to the router (as is my media server).

He reported several times that video playback stops at exactly 35:47 while audio continues w/o problems.

On both TVs this behaviour can be reproduced, while on his iPad all works flawless.

I cant reproduce this behaviour neither in webapp nor iOS (other remote user has iOS devices and no such problems).

Attached are 2 cutouts from todays emby.log.

1st occurence arround 13:04, 2nd around 21:32.

Snippet 1.txtSnippet 2.txt

GrimReaper

Also, when did your friend last update TV firmware, as Philips is fairly regular with pushing their updates? My main TV is Philips 77OLED806 and I have another 65OLED804, both running native AndroidTV app and the experience has always been practically flawless - and my household is somewhat heavy userbase. Considering PUS805 is relatively recent model, maybe an update would - or will - sort it out. 

• Thanks 1

Eigeplackter

I'll advice him in FW updae and otherwise I will try the sideloading thing.

Is there a HOWTO somewhere ? As Im not used to Android and he's not into such things.

Eigeplackter

FW has been updated but did not solve the 35:47 issue.

Will try sideloading, whatever it takes :D

GrimReaper

Does that happen with a particular item or with any item played? Are those DirectPlay or Transcode sessions? Are there any ffmpeg logs created? If not, can your friend lower quality below item bitrate or select Playback Correction twice from AndroidTV app OSD Cog menu, as either will result in item being transcoded and logs generated (and at the same time see whether transcode session will carry past 35:47 if it was DirectPlaying previously). 

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo

Eigeplackter
1 hour ago, GrimReaper said:

Does that happen with a particular item or with any item played? Are those DirectPlay or Transcode sessions? Are there any ffmpeg logs created? If not, can your friend lower quality below item bitrate or select Playback Correction twice from AndroidTV app OSD Cog menu, as either will result in item being transcoded and logs generated (and at the same time see whether transcode session will carry past 35:47 if it was DirectPlaying previously). 

It happened with several items, not just a single one, all of em are *,avi files, as he's into older movies and tvshows.

Not happening with all files.

Should have been Directplay (have to test with him to be sure) , no ffmpeg logs for that user created.

@ebr All *.avi so far, will try with sideloading stable app, but may try beta if not sucessful.

Might be a while before I come back with news for all of you (maybe after next weekend, or later),

depends on us meeting.

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, Eigeplackter said:

All *.avi so far, will try with sideloading stable app, but may try beta if not sucessful

Stable standard Android app apk you can download from the link provided above, beta AndroidTV app apk you can download from here:

GrimReaper

2.0.83 is not the latest beta (it's from 10 Oct 2022 actually, so quite old), download 2.0.87 from above link and sideload. 

Eigeplackter

@ebr@GrimReaper @Luke
Thanks for the help guys.

Installation of AndroidTV beta 2.0.87g fixed the problem.

Tested with 3 separate Philips devices.

👍

Edited by Eigeplackter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2