System.IO.FileNotFoundException

Chuck
Go to solution Solved by Chuck,

After running the Windows 8.1 Upgrade from the Windows Store, and reinstalling MB Server and Classic, opening the Classic configurator.

post-271-0-52583300-1382042003_thumb.jpg

Ouch...that's no fun.

Looks like Media Center is running fine, and MB is also running with the original configurations prior to the upgrade.

I may just let it sit.

• Solution

Yep ... I did restart the machine ...but to no avail.

I did, however, bite the bullet and uninstall and reinstall Media Center from add remove Windows components, as well as run the Media Center reset command line to get to a virgin sate.  Reinstalled the MB Server and Client, and everything works as expected.

I guess something odd happens during the Windows 8.1 upgrade from the MS Store.

• Like 1

Guest HenryWaxmansNostrils

Hi Chuck. Glad you got it working seems like you had more aggravation than I did. I didn't have to do anything it just worked as before update with MB3 and all settings in place.i updated Cetons My Media Centre and My Channel Logos as per discussed on other posts here but that was it. It seems odd that there are such varied experiences . No doubt it will become clear in the fullness of time.the good thing is that there is no need to fear updating and many people are reporting significant performance boosts. That alone makes the exercise worthwhile regards Neil

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

I'm getting the same error message and I'm running Windows 8.1. I've tried uninstalling media browser and media center, restarting, and then re-installing both of them with no results. I wanted to try updating my channel logos, but I'm not exactly sure how to do that. I'd really appreciate your help.