Weird Guide Rendering

sundevil67

sundevil67

This is what my guide looks like right now. I've refreshed it, but most of the channels are missing. I've never seen this before.. if it is having problems or needs a refresh, it'll usually just say "no programming found" or whatever ... but this is a new one. Anyone else seeing this?

Screen Shot 2023-02-19 at 10.11.04 AM.png

sundevil67

It turns out my provider has updated the EPG URL, so I'm giving that a try. It was just such an odd behavior, with some programming actually showing up, that I didn't even consider that at first. I'm still not certain, as sometimes they offer a few alternatives, but I'll know soon enough & will post back.

• Thanks 1

sundevil67

Yep, that was it.. new URL did the trick. Apologies. Forgive me for asking, but while I have you - it does take a lot of horsepower to load, so trying to test it to answer this question would be a tough road .. if I were to remove the categories for unwanted channels like children's, or certain sports - would that remove those channels from the guide? I used to manually remove them with a local XML file, but now that I'm pulling the guide data directly from the IPTV provider...

16 hours ago, sundevil67 said:

Yep, that was it.. new URL did the trick. Apologies. Forgive me for asking, but while I have you - it does take a lot of horsepower to load, so trying to test it to answer this question would be a tough road .. if I were to remove the categories for unwanted channels like children's, or certain sports - would that remove those channels from the guide? I used to manually remove them with a local XML file, but now that I'm pulling the guide data directly from the IPTV provider...

No, that would only impact the way that it is interpreted. It is not a filter.