BIF files not created for some mp4 files

kevinnashuk

kevinnashuk

I have run the "Thumbnail image extraction" scheduled task and it has created .bif files for most of my mp4 files

But there are some that it will not do, I have tried

• Refreshing the Metadata
  • Library Scan
  • Removing from library, scan, replacing, scan
  • Deleting all other files (.nfo, .jpg) and rescanning and recreating metadata

When I run the task it takes 0 seconds to complete

Happy2Play

Really hard to say but would suggest there is actually something wrong with the file.

But need specific examples with server and quick-extract-imageseries logs if present.

kevinnashuk

Hi,

I removed "Catch me if you can" and its associated .nfo and .jpg files, scanned the library and then put the .mp4 file back and scanned the library again.

The film was detected and metadata restored, then I ran the Thumbnail Image Scan, it tried for 30 mins then failed, see attached logs

Thanks

embyserver.txt quick-extract-imageseries.txt

Is it only with this one file? It's normal that the image extraction process may occasionally fail for certain files.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, this should be improved a bit in the upcoming 4.8 server release, but occasionally there will still be some files that it may fail on.

Happy2Play

It would be nice to have a list of failed extractions similar to previous "thumbnail-failures.txt".  So we can troubleshoot specific files.

9 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

It would be nice to have a list of failed extractions similar to previous "thumbnail-failures.txt".  So we can troubleshoot specific files.

The info is available, it just has to be queried for in the ItemExtraData table.

TheDelo187
On 3/18/2023 at 11:10 PM, Luke said:

The info is available, it just has to be queried for in the ItemExtraData table.

What might we look for in this table to find the failures in an attempt to retry them without the need to refresh metadata?

3 hours ago, TheDelo187 said:

What might we look for in this table to find the failures in an attempt to retry them without the need to refresh metadata?

You'll have to join the table with MediaItems and ItemExtraDataTypes and look for ThumbnailImageExtraction extradata.