Can't see second part of movie - help!

MediaMonger

MediaMonger

Hi all,

I have an older documentary that was broken up into part 1 and part 2. The original file names as copied onto the NAS were Movie (part 1) and Movie (part 2) but when I scroll through the list of movies, all I'm seeing is the first part. When I login to the Emby server and go into the details for the first movie, I see a heading that says "Additional Parts" and that's the only place where I can see the "part 2".

I though that maybe this issue was due to a metadata problem but I made sure that each movie had a separate name, title, etc. so that "part 1" and "part 2" were in these fields. My hope was that this would trigger Emby to see these two separate files as two separate movies. However, this did not happen and I'm not sure how to get Emby to show both parts.

Would very much appreciate any help on this!

GrimReaper

Which movie it is exactly, was it arbitrary split or it is listed as two separate parts with the providers? 

MediaMonger

This is History of the Eagles and I think it originally aired on Showtime back in 2013. It had two parts to it when it originally aired and thus the files are the same. Does that help?

GrimReaper

All providers list that as a TV series:

TVDB:

https://thetvdb.com/series/history-of-the-eagles#general

TMDB:

https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/74906-history-of-the-eagles

OMDB:

{"Title":"History of the Eagles","Year":"2013","Rated":"Not Rated","Released":"15 Feb 2013","Runtime":"187 min","Genre":"Documentary","Director":"N/A","Writer":"N/A","Actors":"Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Don Felder","Plot":"The life and times of the super successful American soft-rock band, Eagles.","Language":"English","Country":"United States","Awards":"Won 1 Primetime Emmy. 3 wins & 1 nomination total","Poster":"https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNjgwNDg2Mzk2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDAwNDEyOQ@@._V1_SX300.jpg","Ratings":[{"Source":"Internet Movie Database","Value":"8.2/10"}],"Metascore":"N/A","imdbRating":"8.2","imdbVotes":"2,666","imdbID":"tt2194326","Type":"series","totalSeasons":"1","Response":"True"}

so you can't scrape them as movies. 

You can either fill metadata manually or put them in your TV shows library, rename accordingly (S01E01 and S01E02 or equivalent) upon which you'll se both episodes separately. If you're keen on having them as movies, enable NFO Saver in your TV show library prior scraping, append/adjust created nfos afterwards and put them back in Movie library. 

• Agree 1

Happy2Play
33 minutes ago, MediaMonger said:

When I login to the Emby server and go into the details for the first movie, I see a heading that says "Additional Parts" and that's the only place where I can see the "part 2".

This is normal for Movies that are split into parts with that naming scheme.

Split video files (file stacking)

Documentaries usually fall under TV as they are episode based.

• Like 1

MediaMonger

Ok that's helpful. What do you mean by filling the metadata manually? Maybe I'm missing something but I did edit the metadata for each file and still only see the one listing showing up. Are there hidden files on the drive that I need to edit instead?

1 hour ago, GrimReaper said:

All providers list that as a TV series:

TVDB:

https://thetvdb.com/series/history-of-the-eagles#general

TMDB:

https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/74906-history-of-the-eagles

OMDB:

so you can't scrape them as movies. 

You can either fill metadata manually or put them in your TV shows library, rename accordingly (S01E01 and S01E02 or equivalent) upon which you'll se both episodes separately. If you're keen on having them as movies, enable NFO Saver in your TV show library prior scraping, append/adjust created nfos afterwards and put them back in Movie library. 

15 hours ago, MediaMonger said:

Ok that's helpful. What do you mean by filling the metadata manually? Maybe I'm missing something but I did edit the metadata for each file and still only see the one listing showing up. Are there hidden files on the drive that I need to edit instead?

Hi, you edited what metadata? Did you rename your files based on the above link?

MediaMonger
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, you edited what metadata? Did you rename your files based on the above link?

I went into each of the two movies and did "Edit metadata", where for each file, I changed the three fields that have relevant naming. As a follow up to this, when I checked things today (following what I assume was an overnight refresh of both the metadata and/or the database), I was able to see both Part 1 and Part 2 as separate movies. 

On 2/18/2023 at 10:49 PM, MediaMonger said:

I went into each of the two movies and did "Edit metadata", where for each file, I changed the three fields that have relevant naming. As a follow up to this, when I checked things today (following what I assume was an overnight refresh of both the metadata and/or the database), I was able to see both Part 1 and Part 2 as separate movies. 

@MediaMonger what three fields are you referring to? You need to actually rename the source files in your file system, not just change the display name in Emby Server.