My WMV3 files no longer play to the Xbox One

Evil E
Go to solution Solved by Evil E,

For some reason after the last update these files no longer play to my Xbox One. I can send the request directly from the file in windows explorer by right clicking on it and clicking send to Xbox One and it works. If I use the web browser or the app and request it to cast to my Xbox one it does not work. It only has this issue with files that are HD WMV (WMV3). It will actually cause the xbox to switch to the video app and states that's its connecting but then stays at a black screen. If I select a different video, for instance an Mpeg4 file then it works.

I am still having this issue.  I also verified that I can play these files thru other ways to the xbox one just not thru media browser. Please Help!

Well after more research I believe the issue has to do with the Audio. These files are WMApro 7.1.

Edited by Evil E

• 1 month later...
  • Solution

I fixed it!. I had to modify the Xbox One profile by clicking on the DLNA tab then selecting profiles. Next I clicked on the Xbox one. Afterwards I clicked on Transcoding and codecs. I added the codecs and everything played.