Add movie to collection with C#

jelum
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

How I can add a movie to a collection using C#?

I'm developing a plugin and want to be able to add a movie to a newly created collection during, for example, Refresh Metadata/Identify action.

I tried:

QueryResult<BaseItem> collections = _libraryManager.QueryItems(new InternalItemsQuery()
{
    IncludeItemTypes = new[] { "collections", "Boxset" },
    Name = collectionName
});
// one collection item found

if (movieItem.AddCollection((BoxSet)collections.Items[0]))
{
  // once with UpdateToRepository, once without
  movieItem.UpdateToRepository(ItemUpdateType.None);
  // movieItem.UpdateToRepository(ItemUpdateType.MetadataEdit);
}

and this:

_collectionManager.AddToCollection(newCollection.InternalId, internalIdMovieItemsArray);

During the action, I can add another movie to the newly created collection, but not the one I'm currently updating.

How I can add a movie to a collection using C#?

Hi,

As part of class implements IRemoteMetadataProvider<Movie, MovieInfo> interface from method Task<IEnumerable<RemoteSearchResult>> GetSearchResults(MovieInfo, CancellationToken)

• Solution

OK so you need to do two things:

• Use item.AddCollection from inside the metadata provider
  • Have the provider also implement IHasMetadataFeatures

Didn't work.

Provider:

public class KpMovieProvider : IRemoteMetadataProvider<Movie, MovieInfo>, IHasMetadataFeatures
{
    public MetadataFeatures[] Features => new[] { MetadataFeatures.Collections, MetadataFeatures.Adult, MetadataFeatures.RequiredSetup };

public async Task<MetadataResult<Movie>> GetMetadata(MovieInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    {
       return await KinopoiskRuServiceFactory.GetService().GetMetadata(info, cancellationToken);
    }
}

Inside GetMetadata:

public async Task<MetadataResult<Movie>> GetMetadata(MovieInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
{
	Movie toReturn;
	QueryResult<BaseItem> collections = _libraryManager.QueryItems(new InternalItemsQuery()
	{
		IncludeItemTypes = new[] { "collections", "Boxset" },
		Name = collectionName
	});
	var isAdded = toReturn.AddCollection((BoxSet)collections.Items[0]);
	// iAdded is true
}

In another execution after "AddCollection" tried to use the following methods:

// this
toReturn.UpdateToRepository(ItemUpdateType.MetadataEdit);

// or this
toReturn.UpdateToRepository(ItemUpdateType.None);

• 2 weeks later...

Did you enable importing collections in your library options? I'd probably also set the min collection size to 1 to make this easier to test.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
mickle026

I can add a collection via a local metadata provider by simply putting  item.addCollection(stringName) to the Movie item and it builds the collection.  This is fine.

However, when doing the same thing by private Task<MetadataResult<Movie>> the collection doesn't create or build.

So my movies have the line  metadataResult.Item.AddCollection(CollectionName); and HasMetadata=true.  It adds everything else, so I believe something needs setting to import collections to set it true. @mickle026

metadataResult.Item.AddCollection(newCollection);
LogToMyFile(MyLog, DateTime.Now.ToString("dd.MMM.yyy  -  HH'.'mm'.'ss") + $" metadataResult.Item.SupportsCollections={metadataResult.Item.SupportsCollections}");

and this logs that they are supported

23.May.2023  -  16.00.49 metadataResult.Item.SupportsCollections=True

I see that MovieDB when checked as a library provider adds some config to the Library Edit screen,

I have included in my Provider a BoxSet Interface with the Same ProviderName, but I have nothing - it doesn't enter this ??

What do I need to do to enable collections to build for my remote provider?

For My Provider

Screenshot2023-05-23at11-51-04MIKE-PC.png.9b0fc7c750d074e7bf884b347587c42a.png

And for TMDB extra config that I do not have

Screenshot2023-05-23at15-40-52Emby.png.d0c4f1981aa74a58a2655b5dacb3e959.png

mickle026

Thank you :)

Simply these

IHasMetadataFeatures

public MetadataFeatures[] Features => new[] { MetadataFeatures.Collections, MetadataFeatures.Adult };

without the IHasMetadataFeatures, getting the library options and setting them killed ALL metadataproviders for all libraries from appearing in the Library Edit!

var libopt = libraryManager.GetLibraryOptions(metadataResult.Item);
libopt.ImportCollections = true;
libopt.MinCollectionItems = 2;

ie, doing the above without IHasMetadataFeatures completely knocks out all providers for all libraries