Problems with the application

mostynL

The application has run pretty well on the TerraMaster.. for at least a year and I've rarely had to start the app or even the whole NAS.

But today I couldn't access the Emby port service 8096 so I decided to log in to the TerraMaster. Emby app was there but I wasn't able to restart it from there like I usually do. Then I saw an update button for Emby in the apps. I clicked it. Then, Emby vanished from the list of installed apps.

Then, click "Install" on the Emby app, but "Operation Failed" at 0%. The log on the GUI doesn't tell me anything. I rebooted and tried again, with the same result.

image.png.d8ada8cfb94818e74bf633d103998ba7.png

So, what do I do? Saw some other guy manually installed it, but that didn't work, said Operation Failed.

image.png.e7c1fb4eed4d9134a9be3b6a1a28414e.png

image.png.530521ae6b3bc2b7ad16c8608b587638.png

What should I do next? Thanks in advance.,,

Edited by mostynL

Oh, and last weird detail. Whenever I reboot and then log back in, and look at the Apps list, it shows Emby trying to install or update at 0%... Then, Operation failed! 

image.png.5b17d48a3a5aaea00afcfbbd44850d65.png

I updated to 4.2.41 from 4.2.30 using the automated update (i couldn't tell there was one available). That's apparently the highest available version for this model.

With 4.2.41 loaded I was able to install Emby and everything is back to normal..

Thanks!

Edited by mostynL
  • Thanks 1

One last thing....

In Emby settings it reads:

Version 4.7.9.0

Emby Server 4.7.11.0 is Available for TNAS-51B2

Please shutdown Emby Server and install the latest version.

But when I go to the back end, that update is not available. What do you advise ?

2 minutes ago, mostynL said:

One last thing....

In Emby settings it reads:

Version 4.7.9.0

Emby Server 4.7.11.0 is Available for TNAS-51B2

Please shutdown Emby Server and install the latest version.

But when I go to the back end, that update is not available. What do you advise ?

Hi, that is for the reason mentioned at the top of your TerraMaster download page: https://emby.media/terramaster-server.html