help with playback error

zhibo

Happy2Play

What was played?

Was there a ffmpeg log for that playback?

It there a reason you are on 4.7.8.0 and not current release 4.7.11.0?

6 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, is this with a bluray folder structure? Are you able to play normal video files?

Hi, I noticed I cannot play some blueray video, but I can play this one in same folder.image.png.38956c6e273ecb05b5ed16a8f643a672.png

5 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

What was played?

Was there a ffmpeg log for that playback?

It there a reason you are on 4.7.8.0 and not current release 4.7.11.0?

image.thumb.png.274b89a74a4e6e891ab7da5e3ba42ad3.pngThis is the movie was played.

And no other log for this. 

No, I can upgrade and try again.

9 minutes ago, Luke said:

Do you have any plain video files to test for comparison purposes?

do you mean I should make a blueray folder to test? How to make a blueray folder btw?

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, zhibo said:

do you mean I should make a blueray folder to test? How to make a blueray folder btw?

No he means do you have any issues playing mkv/mp4 files?  

Do the items that don't play actually show Media Info in Emby?

10 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

No he means do you have any issues playing mkv/mp4 files?  

Do the items that don't play actually show Media Info in Emby?

These videos don't play also cannot show Media Info. MKV and mp4 works and some blueray works as well.

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, zhibo said:

These videos don't play also cannot show Media Info. MKV and mp4 works and some blueray works as well.

If there is no media info they will fail as server does not know how to play them.  You can try to refresh metadata on a movie to see if it populates but per the server log ffprobe appears to have issue at least on that item.

No idea what item it actually is though.

2023-02-15 17:30:47.591 Error App: Error in ffprobe
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.8.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-synology7_{version}_x86_64.spk
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build2) (gcc version 8.5.0 (GCC) ) #42962 SMP Tue Jan 31 23:18:09 CST 2023
	Framework: .NET 6.0.8
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.Exception: System.Exception: Clip info file 00109.clpi has an unknown file type HDMV0300.
	   at BDInfo.BDROM.Scan()
	   at BDInfo.BdInfoExaminer.GetDiscInfo(String path)
	   at BlurayMounter.BlurayMounter.Mount(ReadOnlyMemory`1 mediaPath, ReadOnlyMemory`1 container, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.MediaMountManager.Mount(ReadOnlyMemory`1 mediaPath, ReadOnlyMemory`1 container, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Providers.MediaInfo.FFProbeVideoInfo.ProbeVideo[T](MetadataResult`1 metadataResult, MetadataRefreshOptions options, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.RunCustomProvider(ICustomMetadataProvider`1 provider, MetadataResult`1 itemResult, String logName, MetadataRefreshOptions options, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, RefreshResult refreshResult, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: BlurayMounter
	TargetSite: Void Scan()

Happy2Play

@Lukewas this ever improved?  As it looks like the same/similar issue "HDMV0300".

Edited by Happy2Play

No, there's still work to do there, but for the best experience possible, I would suggest converting to mkv using MakeMKV.

2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

If there is no media info they will fail as server does not know how to play them.  You can try to refresh metadata on a movie to see if it populates but per the server log ffprobe appears to have issue at least on that item.

No idea what item it actually is though.

2023-02-15 17:30:47.591 Error App: Error in ffprobe
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.8.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-synology7_{version}_x86_64.spk
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build2) (gcc version 8.5.0 (GCC) ) #42962 SMP Tue Jan 31 23:18:09 CST 2023
	Framework: .NET 6.0.8
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.Exception: System.Exception: Clip info file 00109.clpi has an unknown file type HDMV0300.
	   at BDInfo.BDROM.Scan()
	   at BDInfo.BdInfoExaminer.GetDiscInfo(String path)
	   at BlurayMounter.BlurayMounter.Mount(ReadOnlyMemory`1 mediaPath, ReadOnlyMemory`1 container, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.MediaMountManager.Mount(ReadOnlyMemory`1 mediaPath, ReadOnlyMemory`1 container, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Providers.MediaInfo.FFProbeVideoInfo.ProbeVideo[T](MetadataResult`1 metadataResult, MetadataRefreshOptions options, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.RunCustomProvider(ICustomMetadataProvider`1 provider, MetadataResult`1 itemResult, String logName, MetadataRefreshOptions options, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, RefreshResult refreshResult, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: BlurayMounter
	TargetSite: Void Scan()

I try to refresh metadata, but media info still not showed. What can I try next step?

seanbuff
24 minutes ago, zhibo said:

What can I try next step?

1 hour ago, Luke said:

I would suggest converting to mkv using MakeMKV

seanbuff
19 minutes ago, zhibo said:

They are in multi files like this. I don't  think it will work.

Just load the 'index.bdmv' file in MakeMKV and save as an .mkv file

19 hours ago, seanbuff said:

Just load the 'index.bdmv' file in MakeMKV and save as an .mkv file

but it doesn't make sense for me, I have more than 100 movies and each 50g, all these movies can be played in infuse. I want to watch remotely so I purchased the membership, but now most of them cannot be played in emby. I cannot convert all movies.

Happy2Play

If I understand correctly the plugin has to updated to support this change in HDMV0300 discs.  As currently they are not supported per the linked topic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

If I understand correctly the plugin has to updated to support this change in HDMV0300 discs.  As currently they are not supported per the linked topic.

which plugin should I update?

Happy2Play
Just now, zhibo said:

which plugin should I update?

You can't as Emby "Bluray Folder Support" plugin (BlurayMounter.dll) need updated per the linked topic.