EMBY SEVER SU PC

forzaitalia93

forzaitalia93

Salve a tutti essendo che io ho il mio sever emby su un Nas synology con 500 MB di ram ,molto piccolo per  ospitare un sever emby.. ora lo vorrei passare su un pc Windows ,mi occorre sapere le caratteristiche del pc come devono essere per ospitare un emby sever senza problemi .. mi interessa sapere CPU,RAM,E MEMORIA di quanto devono essere per non avere problemi con emby sever ,calcolando che deve ospitare sui 40/50 utenti ..grazie attendo una vostra risposta/aiuto 

RanmaCanada

Users who direct play, or need transcoding? If transcoding, is it 4k? If it's 4k transcoding, will you be doing tonemapping? We could just tell you to get a 13700k with 64 gigs of ddr5 and a 2TB NVME for cache speed and write endurance, but that could be overkill. Do you need/want something low power? Since you're Italian, what are your power costs? Is it possible a laptop would actually be more reasonable power wise? (my i3 11th gen uses 3-10 watts vs 150+ for the desktop)

Edited by RanmaCanada
google gave me wrong language
  • Thanks 1

forzaitalia93
31 minutes ago, RanmaCanada said:

Users who direct play, or need transcoding? If transcoding, is it 4k? If it's 4k transcoding, will you be doing tonemapping? We could just tell you to get a 13700k with 64 gigs of ddr5 and a 2TB NVME for cache speed and write endurance, but that could be overkill. Do you need/want something low power? Since you're Italian, what are your power costs? Is it possible a laptop would actually be more reasonable power wise? (my i3 11th gen uses 3-10 watts vs 150+ for the desktop)

Si dimmi anche qualcosa di basta potenza grazie 

RanmaCanada

Well a 13700k will be able to handle your users.  64GB of ram may not be enough pending on how many transcodes you have going at once.  It can easily handle 20+ encodes, but again, power usages will be high.  The ASICS in each generation are the same, so a laptop that "sips" power would be able to handle roughly the same amount of transcodes.  If you pay a lot for your electricity a laptop might be better.  Again it has the same ASICS as the desktop part so you would have no issues with the transcoding end and you would not be using gobs of power.

forzaitalia93
12 hours ago, RanmaCanada said:

Well a 13700k will be able to handle your users.  64GB of ram may not be enough pending on how many transcodes you have going at once.  It can easily handle 20+ encodes, but again, power usages will be high.  The ASICS in each generation are the same, so a laptop that "sips" power would be able to handle roughly the same amount of transcodes.  If you pay a lot for your electricity a laptop might be better.  Again it has the same ASICS as the desktop part so you would have no issues with the transcoding end and you would not be using gobs of power.

Per leggendo sul sito emby non mi chiede tanta potenza guarda qui come c'è scritto...https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159036-system-requirements

• 2 weeks later...
RanmaCanada

In power I am talking about power usage, ie watts from the wall.  Emby can run on a pi, but if you need to transcode a pi will not do the job, hence why I suggest a modern Intel laptop as they sip power.