TVDB API Unauthorized Error

Kirlac
Go to solution Solved by jhoengen,

TVDB metadata downloads have all been failing for the past couple of days. According to the logs it was working fine on the 11th, but since the 12th I can't load any metadata from TVDB. Running the latest version from Synology Package Center (4.7.8.0) on Synology DS920+ @ DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 3.

I'm not sure if this is an Emby issue or a TVDB one, but I couldn't find any other reports of people with this issue. Relevant logs below with debug logging turned on (the MovieDb fallback fails in this example because their ordering treats the double episodes as single ones so only shows 24 episodes for the season but is otherwise working fine, TVDB has the correct aired order with 26 episodes but obviously isn't loading).

2023-02-14 16:58:20.775 Debug App: Running TvdbEpisodeProvider for /volume1/data/media/television/The Office (US)/Season 6/The.Office.US.S06E26.Whistleblower.EXTENDED.1080p.PCOK.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-SMURF.mkv
2023-02-14 16:58:20.776 Info HttpClient: GET https://api4.thetvdb.com/v4/series/73244/episodes/official?page=0
2023-02-14 16:58:21.041 Error App: Error in TheTVDB
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.8.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-synology7_{version}_x86_64.spk -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build2) (gcc version 8.5.0 (GCC) ) #42962 SMP Tue Oct 18 15:07:03 CST 2022
	Framework: .NET 6.0.8
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Unauthorized
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Tvdb.EntryPoint.GetResponse(HttpRequestOptions request, String method)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.FetchEpisodes(String url, Int32 page, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.FetchEpisodesWithAllPages(String url, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.FetchMainResult(String seriesId, String seasonType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.EnsureEpisodesInfo(String id, String seasonType, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.GetEpisodeData(EpisodeInfo searchInfo, Boolean fillExtendedInfo, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.GetMetadata(RemoteMetadataFetchOptions`1 options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

2023-02-14 16:58:21.041 Debug App: Running MovieDbEpisodeProvider for /volume1/data/media/television/The Office (US)/Season 6/The.Office.US.S06E26.Whistleblower.EXTENDED.1080p.PCOK.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-SMURF.mkv
2023-02-14 16:58:21.042 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/tv/2316/season/6/episode/26?api_key=x_secret1_x&append_to_response=images,external_ids,credits,videos&language=en&include_image_language=en,null
2023-02-14 16:58:21.545 Debug App: MovieDbEpisodeProvider returned no metadata for /volume1/data/media/television/The Office (US)/Season 6/The.Office.US.S06E26.Whistleblower.EXTENDED.1080p.PCOK.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-SMURF.mkv
2023-02-14 16:58:21.545 Debug App: Running EpisodeNfoProvider for /volume1/data/media/television/The Office (US)/Season 6/The.Office.US.S06E26.Whistleblower.EXTENDED.1080p.PCOK.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-SMURF.mkv
2023-02-14 16:58:21.545 Debug App: EpisodeNfoProvider returned no metadata for /volume1/data/media/television/The Office (US)/Season 6/The.Office.US.S06E26.Whistleblower.EXTENDED.1080p.PCOK.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-SMURF.mkv

• Solution
jhoengen

Have you tried rebooting your Synology?

I had the exact same problem, but I just restarted after DSM Update 4 and now it seems to be working again.

• Like 3

I'm frankly a little embarrassed I didn't do that as part of my troubleshooting, I should really know better. That seemed to fix it for me as well. Thanks for the help!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1