Users/id/Items returns featurettes/specials not just episodes

HawkXP71

HawkXP71

In trying to clean up my library, where episodes that are missing TVDBid causes missing episodes to not appear, I wrote a a simple app to get every episode that is missing the TVDBid.

Using the Query HastTVdbId=False works great.  But it also features and specials.  IncludeItemTypes=Episode is set.

Is there anyway to tell if the returned media item is an actual Episode?  Is a known "season 0" special, or in the "Featurettes" or any of the other known subdirectories in a seasons directory?

seanbuff

Curious, how does it compare when you just filter on the Episodes tab for Missing TVDB id?

image.png.ae0cd4d0591f0681cb1a9a56510aa943.png

image.png.c0cb0c5e69fd405911a6e623de308897.png

Same results?

HawkXP71
5 minutes ago, seanbuff said:

Curious, how does it compare when you just filter on the Episodes tab for Missing TVDB id?

image.png.ae0cd4d0591f0681cb1a9a56510aa943.png

image.png.c0cb0c5e69fd405911a6e623de308897.png

Same results?

Didn't even know that was possible, but it shows quite a bit less using the filter method. 

HawkXP71
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Example?

the request is
http://mediabox:8096/Users/XXXX/Items?IncludeItemTypes=Episode&SortBy=Type,ProductionYear,PremiereDate,SortName&SortOrder=Ascending&Recursive=True&HasTvdbId=False&Fields=ProviderIds,ExternalUrls,Missing,ProductionYear,PremiereDate,DateCreated,EndDate,StartDate&api_key=YYYYY

It returns tons of media items that are in TV Show/Season XXX/Extras

Well you're using the generic /items endpoint. There is a /seasons and /episodes endpoint you can use instead if you prefer that.

HawkXP71
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Well you're using the generic /items endpoint. There is a /seasons and /episodes endpoint you can use instead if you prefer that.

I would like it to only return Episodes, which is what I asked for in the query.  Why do featurettes/extras get returned?  Note season 0 specials do not get returned.

Happy2Play

And if you set "HasSpecialFeature" to false?

http://homeserver:8096/emby/Items?HasSpecialFeature=false&HasTvdbId=false&Recursive=true&SortOrder=Ascending&IncludeItemTypes=Episode&SortBy=Type%2CProductionYear%2CPremiereDate%2CSortName&api_key=APIKEY

HawkXP71
On 2/16/2023 at 6:11 PM, Happy2Play said:

And if you set "HasSpecialFeature" to false?

http://homeserver:8096/emby/Items?HasSpecialFeature=false&HasTvdbId=false&Recursive=true&SortOrder=Ascending&IncludeItemTypes=Episode&SortBy=Type%2CProductionYear%2CPremiereDate%2CSortName&api_key=APIKEY

I didnt, but tried it, and it made no difference