how to give emby server access to freenas folders

Dariusz
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Dariusz

I currently have an emby server running on an Asustor NAS and plan eventually on moving it to my freenas server once i get that install figured out.. however in meantime i would like to have my asustor emby server access the folders on my freenas server.  Currently i created ACL access on my folders and can access them on my windows machine using SMB.. however i can not get my emby server on asustor nas to see them.. I read in previous threads that creating a user 989 in ACL access should allow you to do it, however i also read this only works for emby server installed on the freenas when using the plugin.. does anyone know how i can find out the user number of the asustor nas emby server instance so i can grant it access?  or is there a different way for me to grant access to these folders?

• Solution

HI, can you mount the SMB paths to a local path in Asustor and then use that local path in Emby Server?

Dariusz
1 hour ago, Luke said:

HI, can you mount the SMB paths to a local path in Asustor and then use that local path in Emby Server?

Well why didn't i think of that 😂 thank you @Luke this solved that issue.. 1min and problem fixed.. haha. I appreciate the help with this!

• Thanks 1