Backslash wrong direction in Playlist Director -Emby for Mac

tekfranz

tekfranz

I am seeeing the following error in the logs when trying to play a Vp9 file externally.

is the backslash the wrong direction perchance?

Could not find a part of the path '/Users/macuser/emby-server/data\playlists'

Edited by tekfranz

tekfranz
21 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, please attach the complete emby server log. Thanks.

Sent them as a PM.

Edited by tekfranz

tekfranz

It seems like my files play fine with Direct Play. But Vp9 and some webm seem to be a problem when playing remotely.

I see there are options to use pre-transcoded files like the Folder Sync Plug-in. I would be happy to transcode my library to a different format if it would work better.

tekfranz

The transcoding issue is resolved . My transcoding path was set the old windows path so I blanked it out. Now videos are transcoding successfully. Not sure about the backslash error yet.

Edited by tekfranz
  • Thanks 1

tekfranz

Yes, it was a port from Windows using the Backup plug-in. Mostly seamless so far, except for me not re-configuring the transcoding path.

OK, that's just a path stored in a windows convention that won't work on other platforms. I don't have a quick answer at the moment. We'll have to think about a strategy for this. If the playlists library is the only one impacted then you could try removing it from emby library setup and then creating a new playlist so that it gets recreated.

Happy2Play

Was just going to say what path is shown for that library via Libraries you could just probrably edit the options.xml file for the library.  But Removing library should work also.

12 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Was just going to say what path is shown for that library via Libraries you could just probrably edit the options.xml file for the library.  But Removing library should work also.

I'm not sure that will work because it might not get the database updated as well.