USB HID devices which are not gamepads are interfering with the UI

aurel42

Hi,

I have an issue with Emby in Chrome on Win10.

I'm a simpilot and I have a couple of USB HID devices with switches, which means they're constantly in a 'button pressed' state.

For example, when the "Fuel Flow Eng L" switch on my Thrustmaster Warthog throttle quadrant is in the top position, it appears to permanently select the 2nd entry in the "Continue watching" row of the Emby interface. As a result, I cannot scroll down on the Home screen of Emby. Other buttons on this or other devices appear to keep me from opening drop down menus in the Emby Settings (the menus appear for a fraction of a second, and then they close again). I also see other weird effects, like skipping a playing video forward whenever I tab from some other window to the Chrome window with the Emby player. I suspect that my HID devices are the cause. Well, I suspect that interpreting my non-gamepad HID devices as gamepads is the cause.

Is there a way for me to disable that broken (for me) gamepad "detection"? I don't expect I will ever want to control the Emby web app on this machine or anywhere else with a gamepad.

Thanks for your help,
Marc