edit metadata on Music albums to show paths

GreatFlashMan
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

GreatFlashMan

It would have saved me a few hours this morning as the entry i was looking for was only listed by the meta (there was no directory or file in the least bit relevant to the entry as an empty album was erroneously added by emby).

Movies and TV series show the path at the top when editing, and music should also.

2023-02-08 10_49_17-THE ODEON.png

2023-02-08 10_47_49-THE ODEON.png

GrimReaper

IIRC you're on beta .21, check out Data Explorer plugin, it might give you some extra info. 

• Like 1

• Solution

Hi.  Albums are virtual and derived from tags in the songs.  Therefore, they do not have a path.

GreatFlashMan
3 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Albums are virtual and derived from tags in the songs.  Therefore, they do not have a path.

well, i found out what it was thankfully, but there was no actual album, it was just getting the meta from movies (what the actual?) - would have been handy to be able to see where the meta was coming from.

9 minutes ago, GreatFlashMan said:

would have been handy to be able to see where the meta was coming from.

Couldn't you do that by clicking on the album and seeing what songs were in it?

GreatFlashMan
51 minutes ago, ebr said:

Couldn't you do that by clicking on the album and seeing what songs were in it?

hahaha. Don't you think i would have done so if i could.

Problem was, the meta came from /Movies and not /Music, therefore it was an empty album, (as mentioned in the other topic about this) just the meta was triggering it. Even the file that triggered it was not linked because it had nothing to do with the files in /Music. It was a ghost album lol.

And it frightened me...

I wont sleep tonight...

(there were actually about 90 of these in the end, also adding to artists etc. I used the other just as an example)

Edited by GreatFlashMan

Happy2Play

And per your other topics there is something rogue on your setup as I would guess they are all related.  But would love to know how to reproduce this issue?

GreatFlashMan

It may well be related to the tagging of the theme.mp3 files. I have no idea not being privy to the codebase of course. But, it's possible as all views will/should call into the same code, so perhaps if an artist tag is found in media, then it's presented as a view option.

I will set a full scan and (non image) meta scan tonight and see what happens in the morning. But... i am at least not the only one with this issue.

Happy2Play

Was just looking at your Tagged Themes follow up and can say In the couple hundred themes I have I have not see this issue.

Edited by Happy2Play

GreatFlashMan

theme.mp3 files?

It's certainly happening in the current beta at least, it appears that meta is getting 'muddled' across libraries.

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, GreatFlashMan said:

theme.mp3 files?

It's certainly happening in the current beta at least, it appears that meta is getting 'muddled' across libraries.

Have yet to see the issue on stable or beta.  Will guess none of my themes are tagged.

GreatFlashMan
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Have yet to see the issue on stable or beta.  Will guess none of my themes are tagged.

possibly they aren't? I had about 700 or so, of which around 60-70 were tagged, and these caused an issue.

But... there is something else going on causing meta to be mapped incorrectly to libraries. This could be my setup, this could be an awkward bug that happens infrequently, it could be all sorts of things. lol. Who knows.

What i may do is move (ie. reset) the metadata folder (it's currently in a custom path). and see what happens then? Or, remove all libraries and scan, put back, and scan fresh (everything is perfectly tagged and folder organised so should not be an issue other than time ).

But for now, going to wait for the next beta - just in case my issue helps in any way.

Okay, so this is an unintended situation that will be dealt with.

For the purposes of this FR, there is no "path" to show for an album because it does not relate to anything in your file system.  So I'm going to mark that as the answer.

Thanks.

• Agree 1

GreatFlashMan

Yeah, i agree. I am sure there is a way to find out where the meta is coming from anyway, well... in all fairness i did lol. just took a while as the source was unexpected. In a normal scenario it would not be an issue.