Special Collection Tags

HouseOfCards

HouseOfCards

My request is two parts, but seem straight-forward enough to not be overly complicated to implement.

First, somewhere in the settings, allow for the creation of "Special Collections".  You would create an entry (for example) called "Horror Classics", and select a date range for the collection (say start October 1st, end October 31st) for when this is applicable.

Second, add a field to the media database for "Special Collection Name" allowing you to select the special collection which the movie or TV Show applies to. 

If this were the case, you could allow Emby's home screens to show these special collections during applicable dates.  The possibilities are endless.  It could recommend horror movies and TV episodes about Halloween during the Halloween season, Christmas movies and shows in December...  Maybe it could recommend all your content about 9/11 yearly around that time...  It would enable making Emby a much more interactive platform, and would be quite unique.

Please remember to upvote this with a like if you agree!

Thanks!
Steven

Second, add a field to the media database for "Special Collection Name" allowing you to select the special collection which the movie or TV Show applies to. 

hi, if you have to manually curate this, then why not just use the collections feature that we already have?

HouseOfCards

I use collections too, but this is intended more for sections on the home screens.  I could make a "Classic Horror" collection but that is always there.  This would be a set of things that would appear in a banner on the suggestions, like how Netflix may make a collection for "Black History Month" which shows up when appropriate.  Independent of how you have your media permanently grouped.

Just an added layer of flexibility.

The issue this addresses is how a server might get "stagnant".  If I add a dozen or so horror movies, they show up as recently added...  Eventually, whether put in a collection or not, they get bumped by other recently added media.  After some time, you never see mention of those movies again unless you're browsing a library.  This would make things have a way of being featured again periodically.

👍

GrimReaper

You could create separate strm library for those items only and enable access when the time comes for the duration as you'd like - and it'd be present on Home Screen and very visible while sorting would be preserved.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1