Android Emby Network Connection Error

davidawarner

davidawarner

Friends, 

Noticed that anytime when I am navigating EMBY with Android auto, there is a network error. If I go back one screen and back into the folder, no network error. 
I am running DS720+ NAS at home, connected pfSense Wireguard VPN then connected via usb Android Auto. 

When I se this network error, I verify that my VPN is still connected running pings and I receive replies from my NAS so this is not the issue.
I have updated firmware for my RAV4 couple days ago. Swapped out USB cables for basic trouble-shooting. I will be trying another app AIMP for testing and see if
present this network error behavior.

Any suggestions would be helpful

tvos 

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue. No problems while using Emby on my phone directly. This only happens when using Android Auto either wired or wireless. Also, the music I'm trying to play is synced on my phone.

davidawarner

Crooze,

Thank You - I tested the other day when I was in my RAV4 car w/o connected Android Auto. No problems at all with network errors using wireguard accessing via VPN. Tested different scenario's with my Android phone with Emby and confident this is Android Auto. 

Once I connected to Android Auto and Emby I would see the network error behavior. 

Someone suggested to upgrade the firmware for the RAV4 radio - done. Also, remove the fuse to the radio for a full reset. (Not performed yet but considering).

tvos

• Thanks 1