Play series issues on Fire TV

Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Trying to watch Longmire season 3 episode 2 through (unable to watch) Gave up at 5

Episode 2 starts to buffer then says too many issues giving up. 

Moves onto episode 3 plays for a while then same, so on through episode 4, into 5 and gave up. I'm not techy minded so no point trying to explain if it's owt techy needing done my end. 

Had no issues up till last few days. Every series I have ( except silent witness S26 and can't get that to work anywhere despite trying all suggestions) plays great so not the player. Have added a couple clips as it's on TV not my phone.

Any ideas ( simple) what's wrong? 

TIA

Hi Luke already done as much as I can in my initial post. It's on the TV not my phone so absolutely no idea how to take a screenshot on the TV. I imagine it is something that is an issue elsewhere as even on PTV it will not play, I've accepted that it's just not possible to finish watching that series. Many mbers no doubt will have no issues in following ' how to report an issue' directions as supplied. However being a non techy person I am unable to provide any other info than I have. I took video and photos and sent them but that's about it. I've never had any series playback issues before, now I've got two ( silent witness - missing episodes -already tried to sort via suggested routes but all failed. And also now Longmire - won't play just starts buffers, then says giving up moves to next episode but every episode in series 3 except episode 1 does exactly the same.) So I've just deleted them and moved to another series. Thanks for trying to explain but I've no idea what it is that is required to explain what I'm experiencing other than by this method. I know it may sound as if I'm being stupid but I'm just not tech minded. Sorry if I'm unable to do so. 

Iain

Hi Luke sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you, managed to follow directions for firetv with some help from a friend! I pressed the send log button as stated so should have that now. Is that right? and was that what was required?

Cheers Iain

1 hour ago, Fergie1061 said:

I pressed the send log button as stated so should have that now. Is that right? and was that what was required?

Hi.  Did you reproduce the issue just before doing that?  What time, exactly, did you do that?  What was the name of the item you played and the name of the user logged in?

Can you also please provide the associated ffmpeg logs as Luke requested?

Thanks.

Right EBR, (hope this has worked!)

I have just gone on now, tried playing (Longmire TV series) and stopped so sent logs right after that happened, and its same for all of season 3.

Time Done at 10:28am. UK

User: I.Furgusson

For Silent witness its just episodes that are missing 2 - 8 not even showing on playlist (I am assuming that's what it is called. Episode 1 is there and then it goes straight to Episode 9 no other episodes showing on the list.

If that's no help I'm giving up! but thanks for the help and advice 🙈🙉🙊😂

Thanks.

rbjtech

If everything else plays ok - I would suspect the source media files are corrupt - thus emby not being able to play or see them.

Do the 'issue' files play in any other media player ?

• Solution
4 hours ago, rbjtech said:

2 hours ago, Fergie1061 said:

Nope.

Okay, then I think there is your answer.  The ffmpeg logs would likely tell us that as well.

rbjtech
5 hours ago, rbjtech said:

If everything else plays ok - I would suspect the source media files are corrupt - thus emby not being able to play or see them.

ok - as above - then issue is the source files.