Insane battery drain while in the background

aaronsomek

aaronsomek

So over the last few months I've been thinking that my ageing Pixel4 XL just had an old battery and I should probably upgrade to a new phone. I will go from full battery at 7am to 30% by midday with almost no actual phone useage. However I have been looking at the Battery Useage reports and it looks like Emby is actually the culprit...

Refering to the screenshots attached: Both hilighted time ranges I was at work and not using Emby at all. When I got home from work and checked my recent apps, Emby did not even show up in the Recents list, yet it was active in the background slurping my battery.

Has anyone else experienced this? What can I do to prevent it? I recently factory-reset my phone (for unrelated reasons) so the issue is systemic.

I use Emby on my phone quite a bit when I'm at home watching shows while cooking or falling asleep, I don't want to have to uninstall the app just to get a full days use out of my phone.

Screenshot_20230203-215634.png

Screenshot_20230203-215648.png

Edited by aaronsomek
grammar

HI, can you please attach the emby server log from when this happened? That might tell us something about what it was doing. Thanks.