New to Emby, Need Main Account to Be Password/Passcode Always

smann

Trying to swap over from Plex to Emby on my Synology NAS. I have manually updated to the latest Emby version. The main TV is an LG UJ6200 running WebOS 3.9.2-6280408.

I have a main account that is the overlord to all the other accounts. It should NOT be accessible anywhere without a password/passcode since it only controls main controls and sub-account libraries based on users. On Plex, I was able to do this, requiring a passcode every login for the main account, but the Emby app seems to log me in right away no matter what. Under Emby's Settings, I have it set to Local Network Access > "Require a Password on the Local Network". But in my Windows browser and on my LG TV, the app pulls right up into the main account immediately unless I log out before leaving each time. I need this user to be fully locked down on each logout/login with preferably a passcode on each login attempt.

Researching online shows multiple people over the years wanting to do away with requiring a login each and every time . Boy do I wish I was that lucky, but not much shows up for what I'm asking, which is literally the opposite. I want good security for the seldom used main account.

Edited by smann

Hmmm that's interesting. I didn't have it selected, however I fully signed out, selected and unselected that option, signed in, and now it is requiring login each time. Maybe an issue with downloading the older Emby server from within Synology vs manually updating to the latest version from their site afterwards.

Also the passcode works, although I will say it's a bit confusing on the LG TV since it only says Password, despite the passcode working if selected. 

Edited by smann
  • Thanks 1