Cannot install latest version 1.5.0 of Samsung Tizen... Please help!

adpopulum
Go to solution Solved by SamES,

adpopulum

Have a Samsung Smart TV (UN40MU6300) that has been running version 1.4.9 perfectly. Tried to install 1.5.0 and all I get when I insert the USB drive (Fat 16) is a msg asking if I want to browse the contents of the drive. Does not initiate the install. I have confirmed I am connected to the internet, tried multiple USB drives also with FAT 32 and tried power cycling (i.e. unplugging the TV for a minute or so). No Joy

Read in the instructions that some Samsung SmartTVs won't upgrade from USB drive if there is already a USB version installed.  So I deleted the old version and retried the install process with the same results.

Then I tried to re-install 1.4.9 and I am still getting the same msg! So now I do not have access to my emby server at the moment and would really like to fix this issue. Can anyone shed some light?

Did you start with a clean USB drive? No other files on it?  Did you unzip the update correctly?

adpopulum
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi there, what exactly happens when you try?

I get the following msg: New Device: Mass Storage is Connected. When I installed 1.4.9 last month it installed as it should.

IMG_8185.thumb.JPG.bb9723cd81a2e68e84db0912064c6ebd.JPG

adpopulum
1 hour ago, SamES said:

Did you start with a clean USB drive? No other files on it?  Did you unzip the update correctly?

Yes, tried several freshly formatted. Unzipped using Archive Utility  a mac. will give it a try on a windows machine using winrar but I can't believe unzip is a problem.

52 minutes ago, adpopulum said:

Yes, tried several freshly formatted. Unzipped using Archive Utility  a mac. will give it a try on a windows machine using winrar but I can't believe unzip is a problem.

Yes, it can be an issue on a mac. I would reformat and unzip again on windows

adpopulum

No luck, formatted 2 USB drives in windows (Fat and Fat32) downloaded a new copy of Tizen and have the same results. Should mention the TV's firmware is also up to date...

• Solution

Did you actually uninstall the old version (from apps) instead of just removing it from the home ribbon?

• Thanks 1

adpopulum
32 minutes ago, SamES said:

Did you actually uninstall the old version (from apps) instead of just removing it from the home ribbon?

Turns out I did not! Have done now and have installed 1.5.0. Very much appreciate your help on this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1