"Skip Intro" - not clickable to skip beginning of tv show

JaScoMa

JaScoMa

Hello..

Didn't realized that this is supposed to work until I was watching on my Roku and skip intro worked.

But "Skip Intro" does not work with a nVidia Sheild client.  The button stays grayed out.

Thank you..

JaScoMa

Hello,

I downloaded and installed the ARM version of the Android Emby player and the "Skip Intro" button appears as it should and I could skip the intro.  The only issue is that it's not optimized for Shield TV and the movement of selection options happens quickly and with controller (looks like a game console controller), doesn't work as well as the normal remote control.

I confirmed that even with this app installed, the normal Shield TV app still displays the skip intro button, but you can't select it and it's grayed out.

Thank you..

15 minutes ago, JaScoMa said:

Hello,

I downloaded and installed the ARM version of the Android Emby player and the "Skip Intro" button appears as it should and I could skip the intro.  The only issue is that it's not optimized for Shield TV and the movement of selection options happens quickly and with controller (looks like a game console controller), doesn't work as well as the normal remote control.

I confirmed that even with this app installed, the normal Shield TV app still displays the skip intro button, but you can't select it and it's grayed out.

Thank you..

Why do you think it's not optimized for the Shield?

1 hour ago, JaScoMa said:

Shield TV app still displays the skip intro button, but you can't select it and it's grayed out.

What did you try in order to select it?

rbjtech

I can confirm the AndroidTV 'Skip Intro' button works perfectly on my Shield and FireTV clients.

If it 'pops up' then it's already 'selected' and you simply have to press 'OK' on the remote.  If it's already there (at say 0:00) then press 'OK' just the same.

If you navigate away (by say pressing any other button) - then to get back to the 'Skip Intro' you need to press 'Up' - and then 'OK' to skip.

There is no highlight, so agree, it not obvious its selected if you navigate away from it.

Edited by rbjtech
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
JaScoMa
On 1/31/2023 at 5:52 PM, Luke said:

Why do you think it's not optimized for the Shield?

As I said, single pressing of the remote buttons makes it jump around and it's hard to explain.  And the sheild pro controller buttons don't work properly.

JaScoMa
On 1/31/2023 at 7:35 PM, ebr said:

What did you try in order to select it?

Everything; I have both controllers and both won't work.  I have a Roku client and as soon as the button appears, it's highlighted and selectable.  With the shield client it doesn't.

JaScoMa
On 2/1/2023 at 10:01 AM, rbjtech said:

I can confirm the AndroidTV 'Skip Intro' button works perfectly on my Shield and FireTV clients.

If it 'pops up' then it's already 'selected' and you simply have to press 'OK' on the remote.  If it's already there (at say 0:00) then press 'OK' just the same.

If you navigate away (by say pressing any other button) - then to get back to the 'Skip Intro' you need to press 'Up' - and then 'OK' to skip.

There is no highlight, so agree, it not obvious its selected if you navigate away from it.

I have both the standard controller as well as the pro gamer controller and neither work.  I can press up, down, "OK", "A", whatever, nothing works.

I wonder if it's a different version of the shield that is giving issues.  I have the 2018 version I believe; the version prior to the latest hardware update.

7 minutes ago, JaScoMa said:

I have both controllers

Hi.  Both of these are game controllers?  You don't have a Shield remote control (either version)?

Honestly, I haven't tested controllers in a few years as all Shields come with remotes.

• 2 weeks later...
JaScoMa

One is a gaming controller and the other is the normal remote; https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/connect/

On my shield, neither will allow me to select "skip intro" and it stays grayed out.  No matter which buttons, joy pads, etc., I select.

The android app works, but it doesn't work properly.  Press right once and it jumps two; feels like its very sensitive and hard to navigate the menus, etc.