Unable to use 2- Hauppauge Wintv HD Dual Tuners.

rjamisn58

rjamisn58

I have been a Plex user for many years and thought I would try Emby since Plex lately is not working correctly.  I am having an issue with my Hauppauge Wintv tuners.  I have 2- Wintv dual tuners on my pc.  They both show up on my list of tuners and i have mapped the channels correctly but I am only able to access 2 stations or 2 tuners at any given time on my devices.  How do I get it use all four tuners.  They are listed at Hauppauge undefined.  See attached screen shots.  Is Emby able to use 2- Hauppauge Wintv dual Tuners at the same time giving me 4 tuners to access?  If so tell me what I am doing wrong.  Thank You for your help.   

Tuners.png

rjamisn58

I have been a Plex user for many years and thought I would try Emby since Plex lately is not working very well.  I am having an issue with my 2-Hauppauge Wintv hd dual tuners and the Emby server not recognizing them separately.   I have 2- Wintv Dual HD tuners on my pc. This would give me 4 tuners to use.  They both show up on my list of tuners and I have mapped the channels correctly but I am only able to access 2 stations or 2 tuners at any given time on any my devices. When 2 separate stations are being used or watched at the same time and you try to watch the 3rd or record another station it no streams available.  How do I get it use all four tuners.  They are listed as Hauppauge undefined devices.  See attached screen shots.  Is Emby able to use 2- Hauppauge Wintv dual Tuners at the same time giving me 4 tuners to access for watching 4 stations,  or recording?  If so tell me what I am doing wrongs so it will recognize them separately and give me access to all 4 tuners.  With Plex I had no issues using all 4 tuners at the same time, and each dual tuner device would show up as separate, with separate channel mapping. Thank You for your help.   

Tuners.png

Screenshot 2023-01-29 200449.png

hardware_detection-63810613655.txt embyserver.txt

GreatFlashMan

The only way i could get both to work was using the NextPVR plugin and the NextPVR windows server.

rjamisn58

I thought Emby is supposed to support Hauppauge tuners according to their web page.  I am finding that the Wintv Dual HD tuner is only recognized as a single tuner.  Not sure why anyone with dual or quad tuner would use Emby if it does not have multiple tuner support.  I guess I will just continue to use Plex since it supports and recognizes both of my devices as dual tuners.  I have not heard anything from Emby support on the subject as of yet.  Thanks for the shout back on my post.  

• 1 month later...