Poster/thumbnail lost on TV episode summary.

DonMilne

DonMilne

Excuse me if I don't know the agreed terminology for these elements, hopefully you understand anyway.

For every episode of a TV show there is a thumbail picture. If I go to the episode page from the TV show I used to get the thumbnail picture on the left, a description to the right of that, a row with "More from season N" below it, "Cast & Crew" below that, Links and Media info below that.

Since the most recent update for WebOS TVs, the thumbnail is missing from the above left. They are still shown (quarter size) in the "More from season N" row, only the main episode thumbnail is missing.

I wasn't sure if this loss was deliberate or an error, however the web interface on a PC still shows the thumbnail.

I find the thumbnail to be a useful feature, it gives me clues to the content of the episode that are not necessarily in the description, e.g. that it stars a particular guest actor.

While I'm talking about possibly unintended feature, I notice that the colour of selection boxes also changed. It used to be a nice green colour, now it has changed to a gray white - lending a rather boring monochromatic feel to the UI.  Was this deliberate?  Can it be controlled anywhere in the server settings?

Thanks in advance for your attention.

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, DonMilne said:

Since the most recent update for WebOS TVs, the thumbnail is missing from the above left. They are still shown (quarter size) in the "More from season N" row, only the main episode thumbnail is missing.

That is likely by design following other client apps in TV mode where episode thumbnail is dropped. 

2 minutes ago, DonMilne said:

I wasn't sure if this loss was deliberate or an error, however the web interface on a PC still shows the thumbnail

Because you're in Desktop display mode - if you change to TV mode it'll get lost as well. 

• Like 1

Hi, in TV apps this is our latest design, but we do plan to add options to allow you to control this, so stay tuned for that.