"No compatible streams" on only one device

xarggrax

xarggrax

One remote device won't play any videos, it says "playback error no compatible streams are currently available".  It's only this one device, and this same account (through Emby Connect) can use other devices without issue.  It's any video of any kind, and it worked until recently.  It shows up for a split second in the dashboard and then disappears.  This happened after I switched ISPs and also generated a fresh TLS cert afterward (through the same provider as the previous one).  I don't think I needed to update the cert, since it's tied to a registered domain and I had already updated the DNS record, but I did so anyway (oops). 

The device is a Samsung Smart TV (UN55KU6300) running client Emby for Samsung 1.0.94.  There is no ffmpeg log (it historically used direct play).  There did not appear to be any debugging options in the client app.  They uninstalled/reinstalled the app and signed out/in.  However, I notice that the app version seems to be a bit behind the listed app versions in this forum, which seems strange if they reinstalled it.  A different remote Samsung (UN55NU800D) has had no issues since this change.

The server is on Linux (Ubuntu Server 20.04.05 LTS), running Emby Server 4.7.11.0.  I have reinstalled Emby, patched the server, and rebooted in an attempt to resolve this.

The last test was performed on 2023-01-27 at 19:18 PM Eastern time (matching server log and client time).  I left the start of the log, but trimmed out everything but a few minutes before & after the test.  The ISP change was made on 2023-01-18 (I waited a while to see if perhaps the client would trust the cert once it had aged a bit).

embyserver.txt

Hi, are you able to update to a newer version of the emby Samsung app? You'd have to use the USB install from our website.

xarggrax

They were unable to get the USB install to work (not sure of the details) and decided to use a gaming console version of the app instead.  Thanks for response.

• Thanks 1