[CCwGTV] Emby "Refresh Rate Switching" changes CCwGTV colour format

SafBH

I seem to be having a problem with HDR on CCwGTV when using "Refresh Rate Switching"

Chromecast settings: Resolution 4k 60Hz / Match contents dynamic range: Always HDR / Colour format: YCbCr 4:2:0 10-bit

Media: HDR10 / Bit Depth10 bit / Pixel Formatyuv420p10le

When "Enable Refresh Rate Switching" is Off the video plays just fine, according to the display info: the refresh rate stays at 60Hz, HDR stays on and bit depth is 10-bit. The screen does not 'blank' when the video playback starts and Chromecast settings show the Colour format is still: YCbCr 4:2:0 10-bit- all as expected.

The problem occurs when "Enable Refresh Rate Switching" is On. Now when playing the same video file, display 'blanks' when video playback starts, - display info shows: refresh rate changed to 24Hz, HDR is off and bit depth is 8-bit. When I stop video playback the display 'blanks' again and refresh rate goes back to 60Hz but HDR remains off. When I go to the Chromecast settings colour format has changed to YCbCr 4:4:4 8-bit. Why is the colour format changing when the refresh rate changes to match video and is there any way to keep this at YCbCr 4:2:0 10-bit always? thanks

Edited by SafBH

Ok, I don't think it does - I've set the Chromecast resolution & refresh rate to 4k 24Hz and 'YCbCr 4:2:0 10-bit' no longer shows under Colour Format. I didn't even check this before I just assumed that if it worked at 60Hz it should work at 24Hz, thanks.