media .actors folder Import / Export - standalone plugin

mickle026

mickle026
5 hours ago, tr0nllam said:

The two .actors tasks in the plugin options are now sending to the proper people folder, however, I just realized that they're sending all the people to the same directory rather than using a-z folders like Emby does. So, instead of "programdata\metadata\people\Adam Bellamy-imdb-nm7708400" it should be "programdata\metadata\people\a\Adam Bellamy-imdb-nm7708400."

Also, The Scheduled Tasks missing actors task is still sending to the "programdata\metadata\library\metadata\people" path rather than the newer one.

OK, I fixed the scheduled task

I added \people\[a-z]\Actorname as an option to the config to use them or not as i dont know which installations use them and which dont.  It will only do this if writing to peolpe folder is also enabled.

kodi.jpg.c76d0b2e45ed10418cfa0b0f83aa0951.jpg

I've re-uploaded again, thanks for the patience involved here :)

Edited by mickle026
  • Like 1

tr0nllam
15 minutes ago, mickle026 said:

OK, I fixed the scheduled task

I added \people\[a-z]\Actorname as an option to the config to use them or not as i dont know which installations use them and which dont.  It will only do this if writing to peolpe folder is also enabled.

kodi.jpg.c76d0b2e45ed10418cfa0b0f83aa0951.jpg

I've re-uploaded again, thanks for the patience involved here :)

Seems to work perfectly now.

Thank you!

mickle026
1 hour ago, tr0nllam said:

Seems to work perfectly now.

Thank you!

I'm not so sure, I'll keep an eye on it because although I tell it to lowercase the person a-z folders as a general function [.ToLower()] I have a couple Q and Y so far that for as yet an unknown reason are misbehaving and are uppercase.

Weird......

mickle026
8 hours ago, mickle026 said:

I'm not so sure, I'll keep an eye on it because although I tell it to lowercase the person a-z folders as a general function [.ToLower()] I have a couple Q and Y so far that for as yet an unknown reason are misbehaving and are uppercase.

Weird......

Well thats something to do with the Operating System - An Early Win 10 quirk!  deleting them and running again sorted it out.

I also have lots of corruption in my test server database for good measure, which has also thrown a spanner in the operation...
This has allowed me to run into lots of possible errors and find solutions for them

For the posted version

I have Improved the Logging
* improved the output log
* improved the error log
I have added lots of error handling
I have added db correction for some problems

The item Processing now tells you which item it is of how many to process

========= MediaItem: Sinnful Training, 6/288184 =========

Each Actor also does this

21.Jul.2023  -  23.03.09 There are 2 Actors for this item 
21.Jul.2023  -  23.03.09 Person 1/2: Sinn Sage 
21.Jul.2023  -  23.03.09 Checking for Files
21.Jul.2023  -  23.03.09 Using File: \\<hidden>\\Sinnful Training (2007)\.actors\Sinn_Sage.jpg
21.Jul.2023  -  23.03.09 Copied To: K:\cache\metadata\metadata\people\Sinn Sage\folder.jpg
21.Jul.2023  -  23.03.09 Person 2/2: Anastasia Pierce 
21.Jul.2023  -  23.03.09 Checking for Files
21.Jul.2023  -  23.03.09 Using File: \\<hidden>\Sinnful Training (2007)\.actors\Anastasia_Pierce.jpg
21.Jul.2023  -  23.03.09 Copied To: K:\cache\metadata\metadata\people\Anastasia Pierce\folder.jpg
21.Jul.2023  -  23.03.09 ==== END OF THIS ITEM ====

There is now a log more error handling for invalid Actor Names in the database (for whatever reason)

If the Actor Name contains hidden control or hidden Print characters, it will remove them for you, ie fix the db on the fly for this error.

The Error Log will now log items that is believed to be errornous Actor Names

21.Jul.2023  -  23.03.22 DB Error?  Movie [Tokyo Lover Vol 32] Person [Categories:Asian] contains non Alpha Numeric Characters
21.Jul.2023  -  23.07.30 DB Error?  Movie [SDMF-005] Person [Rurucha。] contains non Alpha Numeric Characters
21.Jul.2023  -  23.09.30 DB Error?  Movie [Hitchiker] Person [Steve Hatcher Chris Cannon] contains more than 2 spaces [Standard]!
21.Jul.2023  -  23.12.04 Error: Person [L.T. 	as Elias] Contains Invalid hidden Control Characters, you should correct name in the db!
21.Jul.2023  -  23.17.48 DB Error?  Movie [Jasmine Jae - ***Censored***] Person [Moe &amp;quotThe Monster&amp;quot Johnson] contains non Alpha Numeric Characters
21.Jul.2023  -  23.18.24 DB Error?  Movie [Beauty and The Beast] Person [Alicia Bonet - Only this Movie] contains more than 2 spaces [Standard]!

I hope I didnt break anything :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
mickle026

New update , several fixes + Added timeframe option - see post 1

Untitled.png.576bcf4b2f836c7d5dbbb30c3b1576de.png

Edited by mickle026
  • Like 2

mickle026

Updated with some more error recovery traps.

If you are not experiencing any errors, theres no need to update, however this version will recover from *almost* any error, log it and continue.

See 1st post

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Emby Server 4.8 will support the .actors folder in a read-only fashion, meaning it will be able to use images from the .actors folder underneath a series or movie folder. The Emby Server database is still the same as before, meaning it's still one image per actor. That means if you have an actor that appears in multiple movies or series, it will be one shared image that is used in all places, and it will be whichever one happens to get scanned in first. But this will allow for basic support of the .actors folder convention.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
grantsunny

Works as a charm to me. Thanks a lot author!
By the way, I am using latest version of Emby server but the .actor directory is still not working as Emby server claimed, until I setup this plug-in. Perhaps worthy to have a look if Emby server was intended to function from 4.8.x.

5 minutes ago, grantsunny said:

Works as a charm to me. Thanks a lot author!
By the way, I am using latest version of Emby server but the .actor directory is still not working as Emby server claimed, until I setup this plug-in. Perhaps worthy to have a look if Emby server was intended to function from 4.8.x.

Tested, no problem found:

image.png

image.png

Yes, I gave Tac Fitzgerald the same image as the movie for testing.

You don't need any plugin for basic .actors support. Remember that existing movies will require refreshing metadata.

• Thanks 1

grantsunny

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your reply.
I don't know is there anything different on the configuration, but have it been test tested under this scenario as I did?

1. Using version 4.7.x and metadata from external nfos.
2. Configuring a library with nfo and \.actors directory, by switching off all the Emby metadata refreshing and downloading.
3. Observe that metadata and posters works for the film, but actor pictures are all empty. (as expected as 4.7.x. don't have this feature)
4. Upgrading to version 4.8.x. click refreshing metadata to the library.

Expected the actor pictures will appear, but in my environment not.

5. (Optional as I did) setup this plug-in and trigger import all people from ./actors. Observing the actor pictures appear.

Thanks,
Grant.

Edited by grantsunny

mickle026

I dont know if emby supports Kodi style filenames with the underscore?

Kodi: "Tac_Fitzgerald.jpg"
Emby: "Tac Fitzgerald.jpg"

@grantsunnyDo yours have the underscore?

grantsunny

Yes good catch Mickle! I do have the underscore. Guessing this is the gap here. I am trying to see if TMM can generate actors without underscore. Or expecting Emby could support both format in one future version!

Edited by grantsunny

6 minutes ago, grantsunny said:

Yes good catch Mickle! I do have the underscore. Guessing this is the gap here. I am trying to see if TMM can generate actors without underscore. Or expecting Emby could support both format in one future version!

underscore should already work.

4. Upgrading to version 4.8.x. click refreshing metadata to the library.

Try refreshing a single movie instead.

grantsunny

Tested again - looks like when I create a brand new library it will work instead of the libraries created before upgrading. Interesting.
I will continue to track it and report the issue here if any.

7 minutes ago, grantsunny said:

Tested again - looks like when I create a brand new library it will work instead of the libraries created before upgrading. Interesting.
I will continue to track it and report the issue here if any.

It's not taking priority over image urls that were provided from moviedb/tvdb. So I guess that's the only thing.

grantsunny

So assuming it read from local /.actors directory the first time a movie is being observed, and if there isn't, it will leverage the url provided by moviedb/tvdb, so if record exists it will no longer look at /.actors directory even if the directory is later added? In this case wont a button be very helpful to explicitly sync /.actors as the plugin does? Just my 2 cents.

I am re-creating the libs to make /.actors function without the plugin now.

Edited by grantsunny

so if record exists it will no longer look at /.actors directory even if the directory is later added?

Correct there is nothing monitoring the contents of the .actors folder on a regular basis. Putting that into every single library scan would add too much additional time.

That's why it's only read on full metadata refreshes, meaning first time being scanned in, or manually refreshing metadata.