nfo and media file association

Arterius

Arterius

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but I am currently running emby from a Synology NAS. I've encountered a problem that I'm not sure how to resolve.

When I ripped The Office, I incorrectly labeled some of the media files. For example S05E07 is actually supposed to be S05E06. Metadata was scanned and then the issue was discovered. I've corrected these errors by renaming all my media correctly. I rely on the Metadata Updater to take care of handling metadata. I deleted the erroneous metadata (nfo) files that were save adjacent to the media, however in the UI (either web or Roku), the wrong media is associated with the metadata. 

For example, when I look at the metadata for S05E07, it shows the correct metadata (Business Trip) however it is associated with S05E06.mp4. And this is after I "refreshed" the metadata. I suspect the erroneous correlation is in cache somewhere, but I'm not clear on how to refresh that.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Arterius

Oddly enough, that ended up working, with some additional steps. After numerous attempts to get Emby to rescan the folder, I had to entirely nuke the Season 5 folder, scan the library, restart the service, copy the Season 5 folder back, then force a rescan. It's as though there was some hanging metadata around somewhere that was causing the server to not want to recognize the "correct" media files.

I'm curious, though, of where the metadata is coming from if not from the NFO files, and if there's a reliable way to modify that? It's odd that I had to go through a number of steps to get it to work (though, I work in appdev, so I understand that sometimes complex systems don't always account for extreme edge cases and you just have to do whatever works).

5 hours ago, Arterius said:

Oddly enough, that ended up working, with some additional steps. After numerous attempts to get Emby to rescan the folder, I had to entirely nuke the Season 5 folder, scan the library, restart the service, copy the Season 5 folder back, then force a rescan. It's as though there was some hanging metadata around somewhere that was causing the server to not want to recognize the "correct" media files.

I'm curious, though, of where the metadata is coming from if not from the NFO files, and if there's a reliable way to modify that? It's odd that I had to go through a number of steps to get it to work (though, I work in appdev, so I understand that sometimes complex systems don't always account for extreme edge cases and you just have to do whatever works).

Hi, what metadata fetchers are enabled on the library and in what order?

Arterius

I only have the one, NFO Metadata (v1.0.70.0). And at this point, I'm not sure how the library got into that state, so I doubt I could easily attempt to reproduce.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, Arterius said:

I only have the one, NFO Metadata (v1.0.70.0). And at this point, I'm not sure how the library got into that state, so I doubt I could easily attempt to reproduce.

What providers are enabled on the library and in what order?

Info will come from primarily the nfo but you have the online providers also.  I believe the issue came from deleting the nfo file itself as that will not clear the info already in the database.  But yes, it could be really difficult to reproduce.

So individual issue like this will usually require content remove, full library scan to clear the database, and readding or Identify as Show level to reidentify everything.

16 hours ago, Arterius said:

What internet metadata fetchers are enabled, and in what order?