Audiobook Tags not working to restrict access

Mantis64
Go to solution Solved by Mantis64,

Mantis64

Hi, 

Perhaps you can help.  I wanted to restrict some of my audio books with tags.  I have done this with movies and shows, so when I put a tag such as 'private' on these, any users I have selected to now show any media with 'private' it does not show it for them.  

However when I use this tag on Audio Books, it is still showing for the users I have selected not to show.  

Is this a bug, please can you help.  

Happy2Play

Can you go over your user settings/specific example as I had no issue tagging a audiobook and restricting that tag and that book did not appear for that user.

Mantis64

Thanks for replying.  I have double checked my settings.  I cannot find anything obvious.  If I restrict with tag on a movie or a show it does not show for that user.  However if I try audio books, it still shows.  I have even tried a different audio book and that still shows too.  Is there anything else I could try? 

Mantis64
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can you go over your user settings/specific example? Thanks.

image.png.0646b853c6efa8ec6a220f3ff9c4fc9e.png

Here is the user with the restriction above. 

image.png.d918174a3181cf4e7b4db02adb14042b.png

Here is the meta for the audiobook I am trying to restrict.  

image.thumb.png.32ab2c3c73b9ce38ac075aa9224892bb.png

And here you can see that this user can still see this audiobook with the 'Private' tag

Mantis64

I have some more info, there individual files for each chapter, which I can edit the metadata and add the 'private' tag.  If I then go into the restricted profile, this chapter is then hidden.  

How can I restrict the whole audiobook without having to tag each individual file/chapter?

• Solution
Mantis64

Ok I've worked it out.  For anyone else with the same issue.  If you go to the folder view and then change the tags there, then everything within that folder would have the tag on them too.  So my audiobook files were all in one folder, I just edited the tags for that folder.  And now that whole audiobook is restricted.  

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play

But I tag an Audiobook and restrictions apply.  Unless there is a scenario where it does not work?  I tagged the item not the Folder.

This item is not visible to user with tag restriction.

image.thumb.png.2d77dd3f8590a975f6bb2d070d0bf29a.png