Raspberry pi & MB3

Darkjeje

Darkjeje

Hello guys,

I'm french, so sorry for my english,...

I bought a Raspberry Pi B+ and I want to look at my movies above.
My movies are in a HTPC Windows 7 with MB3 server.

I'am a user of Windows, I know it's bad ;)

I have never used Linux, so I need your help.

What linux to install ?
The client is MB3 client or XBMC ?

What there is a topic of installation from A to Z for novice whit the links of files to be downloaded ?

Following stage : Installation of MB3 server on a synology DS215play (not still appeared). And not possible today, I believe.

Thanks for your help

Realy? Media Browser on a Pi?

I don't think that it will be fast enough for it.

Look at the system requirements: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/749-system-requirements-and-recommendations/

..::edit::.. sry, didn't read corectly  :D

The Pi is your client.

I think the most performant way would be to install OpenElec as MediaSystem in combination with the XMB3C PlugIn

Edited by CM000n

Beardyname

The Pi is your client.

I think the most performant way would be to install OpenElec as MediaSystem in combination with the XMB3C PlugIn

This is correct, i would however recommend that you (Darkjeje) use one of the other apps as a remote and play-To the PI (this is how i use it) Since the python addon can be a bit slow if you are going to browse from your pi.

so tl;dr Install openelec and then install xbmb3c but don't switch to another skin, and just use another app as the remote.

Darkjeje

Thank you for your recommendations.

So I summarize :

1) To install Raspberry with openelec,

2) To install XBMB3C,

But my english is too bad, for understand your com Beardyname

but don't switch to another skin, and just use another app as the remote

Sorry for my english,...

elcabong

Beardyname is recommending using the webclient or mb3 app on your phone/tablet/laptop and choosing the rasberry Pi as the play to device.  This will be faster than trying to use a remote with the Pi to browse through the library on the Pi.

Edited by elcabong

Beardyname

Beardyname is recommending using the webclient or mb3 app on your phone/tablet/laptop and choosing the rasberry Pi as the play to device.  This will be faster than trying to use a remote with the Pi to browse through the library on the Pi.

correct :)

Sp3kt3r

My english is also not perfect, I'm French and I'm also using the PI as a client with openlec +, xbmb3c.

Si tu as besoin de conseille ou d'aide laisse moi savoir. Mais comme dit Beardyname, utilise ton téléphone ou tablette pour faire jouer les vidéos sur le Pi avec l'application MB3. Le pi est très lent avec "python" pour naviguer dans l'interface donc c'est mieux de faire du "play to".

Darkjeje

Merci Sp3kt3r,

Je n'ai pas encore de smartphone donc je vois pas encore ce que tu veux dire par faire jouer les vidéos sur le Pi via le smartphone.

Je pense en acheter un d'ici 1 semaine, je pense que je reviendrai vers toi pour que tu m'en dises plus.

En attendant j'ai installé Raspbian (je voulais mettre open elec mais j'avais pas de connexion internet pour la télécharger) et je vais installer XBMB3C.

En quoi openelec est mieux que Raspbian alors que j'ai lu que ce dernier était optimisé pour le raspberry et permettait de substanciel gain de performance ?
Merci pour ton aide, je débute dans le monde de linux,...

Edited by Darkjeje

Sp3kt3r

Pas de problème. Tu peux utiliser aussi une tablette ou bien juste un ordinateur pour faire jouer les vidéo sur le pi. Nous pouvons aussi continuer cette discussion en privé ou bien dans la section française.

Je te donne plus d'information.

Edited by Sp3kt3r