Cheese's Renovation Project

Cheesegeezer

techywarrior

I have warned her about this fact and she said, "as long as they like to drink, eat and have a good laugh they're welcome. However, If they don't.... there is plenty of land to bury them in!!" 

Phew, at least you listed two of my favorite things... Eating good food, and having good drink(s). Although not necessarily in that order.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Phew, at least you listed two of my favorite things... Eating good food, and having good drink(s). Although not necessarily in that order.

By all means you can pick your own burial slot ;)

techywarrior

By all means you can pick your own burial slot ;)

? Jeez, what happens if you DON'T like doing those things then?

Cheesegeezer

? Jeez, what happens if you DON'T like doing those things then?

hahahaha, we'll have to wait until we get our Highland Cows.... at least we can do Rodeo then hahaha

• 2 months later...
Cheesegeezer

So, I've been pretty inactive in the forums recently and do apologize for that, but with work and latest room to be almost finished this is the reasons why.

Needed to get the kitchen in and done before Xmas so we could actually have a Xmas dinner to gorge ourselves on and a nice fridge filled with champagne and smoked salmon lol.

Anyways here is the journey for the kitchen, from start to current stage.  Still have to get the underfloor heating down and tiles and then fit the plinths.

Cheers

http://imgur.com/a/GNa8s

• Like 2

Cheesegeezer

Very nice.

Aye, it's getting there, everything is just so much work.... the prep takes ages in this place as everything need rectifying before starting.  It's kinda soul destroying and then very rewarding at the same time.

CBers

Amazing Cheese!, just imagine how happy you'll be when its all done :)

Even better when we all descend on you to check out your handy work;)

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Very cool to see the progress.

Is that lighting I see under the kitchen's cabinets?

yeah its an LED strip and IR remote controlled too, so I mounted it underneath, then bought a blanking plate for a socket, drilled a hole got to work with it using some needle files, mounted the IR receiver and it looks factory made.

Even better when we all descend on you to check out your handy work;)

looking forward to that day ;)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Cheesegeezer

Kitchen is 98% there for phase 1.  Very happy with how it's come out. Just need to do some siliconing and I can put that room to bed for a wee while.

I also fitted Carpet to the Hallway and Vestibule areas, but that's not quite finished yet so i'll save the piccis until their done.

Also did the Bedroom Floor and Underfloor heating for that room, and I just have to make the walk in wardrobes and AV unit, chase in all the cables, add some extra sockets, I've bought all the paneling for the AV Unit and acoustic cloth for the sub window in cabinet and the sliding wardrobe doors, so that's the next task to get under way once I have a little break.

So here's the Kitchen Pics

http://imgur.com/a/1pDZN

And here is the WIP Bedroom

http://imgur.com/a/2iZgW

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 4

Cheesegeezer

Wow, Cheese - awesome job on that kitchen.  What a transformation!

I know... right?  The missus is so happy, which in turn makes me happy lol.  

Cheesegeezer

What material did you use for the countertops?

Ah, they're just cheap ones.  Chipboard with a laminated finish.

We will be either getting stone ones fitted, Either Quartz or Granite once we get round to it.

Ah, they're just cheap ones.  Chipboard with a laminated finish.

We will be either getting stone ones fitted, Either Quartz or Granite once we get round to it.

Yeah, looking at some quartz for my countertops. Got some crappy laminate that was crappy when we bought the place 12 years ago.

Cheesegeezer

Yeah, looking at some quartz for my countertops. Got some crappy laminate that was crappy when we bought the place 12 years ago.

I like the Quartz because there is more variation for the styles, especially with the black ones and the sparkly fleck.... love them.  Granite is so nice but doesn't have the bells and whistles you can get with quartz.