Certificate Issues

Robert Smith

Robert Smith

I paid for my premier and want to love the product, but all the minor issues do not feel worth it compared to Plex. Plex may lack fearures but at least works as expected without constantly troubleshooting or paying extra for plugins that should be features. I can give examples of some of those things in a future post. For now, I want to understand why accessing the server is hit or miss. I have tried using the direct connection and the cloud connection, and the problems are the same. I have tried connecting remotely on Roku or IOS, and the problem is the same.

I'm having trouble logging I can connect via PIN through https://emby.media/pin. Then when I select "Connect to server" then click on the username on the Select Server screen, I get an endless spinning wheel. If I try a manual connection, I get the error in the attached screenshot "We're unable to connect right now...-60: SSL certificate problem:unable to get local issuer certificate."

I have a valid certificate issued by DigiCert. I can log in fine from the browser, but any other way, the experience is inconsistent.

I attached a photo that another member shared, reporting a similar issue. Why is this an issue for Emby but not for competitors? Sorry for ranting, but if connecting is a roll of the dice, then emby is failing at the most basic functionality. I do not have recent logs to share, but again, the problem is not new others have shared logs, etc., and the problem continues to persist.

F9872743-5ADD-4D05-8DA4-985424BBE78D.thumb.jpeg.f1b75fb192d96b402dc16e14c3015d12.jpeg

Edited by Robert Smith

Eigeplackter

Maybe you do not have an actual log, but some basic information is needed.

Emby runs on Windows ? Emby client running on Samsung TV as it seems ?

Screenshot of servers networks settings ....

• Agree 1

rbjtech

Emby has zero issues connecting via https - if certificate errors are being thrown, then the issue is with the certificate or chain of trust on the device.

If the service works via a browser - then the browser used must trust the certificate on the emby server - thus a TLS connection is established - this could be because a local cert/ca has been added or other reasons. 

There have been cases where 'old' CA/Root certs's needed to be updated on devices that used LetsEncrypt certs - but as your is from DigiCert - I don't think this will be an issue, even on very old devices.

A log or more details are required to help further.

Edited by rbjtech
  • Agree 1